UIDAI: Warning against printing of plastic Aadhaar cards

Could you believe I was asked to make a photocopy and the color print out was rejected. I dont remember which department it was but the clerk asked me for aadhar copy and i only had the color printout at that time, he asked me to get it xeroxed and refused to take that color printout.

Oh! I got plastic Aadhar card printed for Rs 100. BTW some local politician is giving such cards for free in my area.

I guess I mentioned it earlier as well. HDFC Bank employee had refused to accept print out of online Aadhar card when I had submitted to it to link with my account. She said that QR code cannot be read. I showed that I can read QR code from print out by my mobile app. She still insisted that they want copy of original Aadhar card. Later I gave same print out to other bank (government) and got my account linked with Aadhar card. Also same print out was accepted by my gas agency. So when I expected that private bank might accept while govt bank may not, exaclty opposite happened 😀

Source

You should have shown this to HDFC

The e-aadhaar document is digitally signed using certificate issued by NIC as per IT Act, 2000. Further, all the data printed in e-aadhaar letter, is the same data as printed in Aadhaar letter. In view of the above, e-aadhaar is a valid and secured electronic document which should be treated at par with printed Aadhaar letter.

And also this: (even black and white Aadhar card is COMPLETELY valid.)

Paper-printed, black-and-white Aadhaar cards are also valid, says UIDAI