UIDAI solution for unknown mobile connections connected with your Aadhaar Number

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,521
^ that account is salty af. this would have been funny if it wasn't related to our privacy

its same with bank it only shows the latest bank linked

it should be a basic feature to be able to check with which services my aadhar is linked and if I want to revoke authentication.

jio's own app i think has the capacity to show all jio numbers linked with your aadhaar number. not sure if it would show numbers with other operators as well. but yeah. basic feature. they should offer a backend panel like social networks. where you can check all connected platforms. and you have the option to disconnect any/all at will. i mean they keep on referring to google and facebook wrt privacy. give us similar privacy control features at least. but no sirrrrr.

The problem here is - mobile operators can feed any aadhar in their database.

Neither TRAI nor UID actually checks if Aadhar number added by mobile operators in their database is actually verified

There is no centralized database maintained by Government.

So if an insider adds ur Aadhar number in their mobile database - you or TRAI or UID will never know or will never intimate.

Only if mobile service center tells you that u have X numbers registered .. only then you will know.

The problem here is - mobile operators can feed any aadhar in their database.

Neither TRAI nor UID actually checks if Aadhar number added by mobile operators in their database is actually verified

There is no centralized database maintained by Government.

So if an insider adds ur Aadhar number in their mobile database - you or TRAI or UID will never know or will never intimate.

Only if mobile service center tells you that u have X numbers registered .. only then you will know.

so they can just add any random number without authentication ? wtf so whats the use locking biometrics/authentication

Biometric is for verifying if u r actually u. Its for operators confirmation NOT for our security.

well the vodafone system i get to use last week, the app only progressed further once the fingerprints were verified.
though i guess they have left provision for operator to manually approve the process in case there are any issues.
the guy of course clearly rejected processing mnp without biometric authentication.
impressively, mom's fingerprint was recognized in first try. she got her aadhaar a while ago.

Before aadhar was made compulsory (kind of) - they used to enter it manually just by paper Aadhar card as proof.

That system still exists but they dont use it because fingerprint makes their whole process much simple and fast.

But if the person who has access to edit database can still add new account by manually entering aadhar number.

so all numbers in which aadhar was added manually should get deactivated after mar 2018 right ? (last date for verification)

the whole system is a mess