Ugly experience with Nivyah Broadband - Frauds with Fake Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 64,256
Would it be ironic to say I'm waiting for reviews on the Nivyah experience as is Admin? (After all, it seems that unfortunately pre-sales and post-sales services are two very different things in most companies). Also, will the tariff *actually* be Rs529 at the end of the month? Will they *actually* receive 1mbit? I've not found a way to make such prices feasible yet, so unless Exat... X-broadba... uh... Nivyah has some really good friends at VSNL/RCOM/BHARTI, I don't know how they are either. So far few reviews have been posted about Nivyah at all, except for 1 or 2, which leads me to believe that those two guys *could* just be posting false reviews. I may be wrong, but I'm definitely suspicious until we receive some real information. I even thought about trying the service myself, but that would probably appear to be biased.

i m using nivyah for a month now.... i got the 1mbps unlimited plan at rs. 550/- from my local operator. solid_snake... ur local operator is looting you, not nivyah.one month has passed... i never got speeds less than 1mbps.... and no disconnections.however my connection was down for 2 days bcoz the local operator was upgrading the lan to 1000mbps... thats it... no headache from nivyah. its quite good.

i m using nivyah for a month now.... i got the 1mbps unlimited plan at rs. 550/- from my local operator. solid_snake... ur local operator is looting you, not nivyah.
one month has passed... i never got speeds less than 1mbps.... and no disconnections.
however my connection was down for 2 days bcoz the local operator was upgrading the lan to 1000mbps... thats it... no headache from nivyah. its quite good.

Yeah, but look at your upload speed as per speedtest.net. That is VERY wrong. Try also Airtel Speedtest and see what you get.

heh with those kind of upload speeds... i guess i am better off not paying for the service at all. i would like to see more speed test results from different sources. 🙂

Yeah, but look at your upload speed as per speedtest.net. That is VERY wrong. Try also Airtel Speedtest and see what you get.

No idea why speedtest result is incorrect....
here is proof:
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uplod.png

Your speedtest.net results show 1.63Mbits down and 0.06Mbits up: THAT is what I thought was wrong - even an asynchronous connection should have about an 8:1 download:upload speed ratio, so 2Mbits connection should ideally have 256kbits (or more) upload.Have you tried Airtel's speedtest as well? Can you post that result?Without seeing what the IP address is of the peer, it's hard to tell if that 223KB/sec upload speed is to someone on the same network or what (which, if you are on a 1Mbit plan, I would have to wonder why you're getting 2Mbit upload speeds...)

Your speedtest.net results show 1.63Mbits down and 0.06Mbits up: THAT is what I thought was wrong - even an asynchronous connection should have about an 8:1 download:upload speed ratio, so 2Mbits connection should ideally have 256kbits (or more) upload.

Have you tried Airtel's speedtest as well? Can you post that result?

Without seeing what the IP address is of the peer, it's hard to tell if that 223KB/sec upload speed is to someone on the same network or what (which, if you are on a 1Mbit plan, I would have to wonder why you're getting 2Mbit upload speeds...)

airtel speedtest site not working....says i need java even when i have JRE installed....dunno wats wrong...

and the 1mbps plan has double speed from 11pm to 8am hence the reason for 2mbps speed.

airtel speedtest site not working....says i need java even when i have JRE installed....dunno wats wrong...

and the 1mbps plan has double speed from 11pm to 8am hence the reason for 2mbps speed.

Pass. I think I am using 6.13... try the latest version 6 from java.com

Note to self: I think we should mirror Java too, since it likes to auto-magically update itself. And Adobe Reader. And any other common software which is horribly bloated and gets security updates twice a week. Other ideas for stuff to mirror?

google chrome updates are small. mozilla firefox updates are not that frequent. Windows and Office patches are pretty important. So are patches and updates for Linux and Mac OS X 😛

google chrome updates are small.

mozilla firefox updates are not that frequent.

Windows and Office patches are pretty important.

So are patches and updates for Linux and Mac OS X 😛

Kind of the wrong thread to have this discussion (d'oh), but the Win/Office/Linux/MACOS updates are already planned for.

Just wanted to see Mgcarley to launch Hayai Broadband in india. with 100mbit Speeds to a single user.

Just wanted to see Mgcarley to launch Hayai Broadband in india. with 100mbit Speeds to a single user.

Why write this in a Nivyah thread? We'll launch when we launch.

I bet hayai will be A FLOP! 3 Out of 10 BB users might Opt for Hayai.. Really Worst plan than Airtel BB.. BTw I love Airtel Except their Tariff which are Pathetc

well... good for you. a lot of us are waiting patiently for Hayai just because it offers something no other ISP is offering in the country for now.

well... good for you. a lot of us are waiting patiently for Hayai just because it offers something no other ISP is offering in the country for now.

Agreed .. "that its offers something no other ISP is offering.."