Ubuntu Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 301
  • Views Views 87,267
hey on Ubuntu i noticed that video quality is much better on youtube and on gmail video chat ..compare to window 7 .... any one else feel the same or just my thoughts ...?????????

lol. that could possibly be because you are using the html5 player that runs the webm version of the video? sometimes webm videos look better than h264 videos 😛

i am just using chrome or firefox and default video codec from os .... just new on Ubuntu so not much idea what codec i am using on ubuntu but its clear like night and day difference between win7 and Ubuntu ....... or lol just my eyes problem ... ha ha

I found the dash super slow in 12.10

Looking forward to final release of Elementary OS.

now they fixed dash ... working fast .....

??It was launched some time back.Edit: Oops thought the "Ubuntu 12.10 Launched" was the post title. It was the title of the original thread. My bad.

Is here anyone using Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10? Have any of you got the upgrade notification for 13.04 from the India update server?

13.04 final version will be released only on April 25th.
The only beta version is due to be released on April 7th. The distribution is currently in development beta. Only the derivatives like Kubuntu, Edubuntu, etc have 2 betas and b1 was released a few days ago.
Also, if you are using 12.04 LTS, you may not get the upgrade notification normally as 13.04 is not an LTS release.
-------------

Canonical has released the winners of the Ubuntu 13.04 Wallpaper contest and the winners this year are simply brilliant. A few of them can be used as mobile wallpapers too.
Download the wallpaper zip file HERE

still a debian guy. :-D and will still remain a debian guy. ubuntu is extremely fast debian is so extremely slow.
they released 13.04 and i hope its LTS and i am still with
Linux mohona 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/LinuxDebian GNU/Linux 7.0 n l
testing/sid
hehehehe! ubuntu uses the debian snapshots. and debian uses debian. ;-)
be lazy like debian, be crazy like debian -> option 1.
be lazier than debian, try netbsd, be crazier than debian, custom kernel netbsd -> option 2.
my choice? option 2.
thats it on coreboot machine i am going netbsd. eeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww!
hth
-paul
signed - Mr Maniac

Samuel said:
Would download it tonight.
why download? apt-get update && apt-get -duy dist-upgrade doesnt work?
i am cusrious because i have never used ubuntu, never felt any need for it. i just change the /etc/apt/sources.list and i fill in details and i am done with it, unless its a fresh install. somehow i didnt like ubuntu. i am an old fashioned debootstrap fella & i like to roll my own. trivial trivial trivial.
-paul