Ubuntu Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 301
  • Views Views 87,197
heh. my problem was also probably due to nvidia because that machine had a geforce card. i still do not understand why a problem with display driver would disable the login button on the boot screen. 🤷‍♀️

This indian mirror is much faster (at least on my bsnl ftth 100 mbps plan) than esto but can't say about how well maintained it is... see http://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/ubuntu-mirror/

Yeah, for me (Pune BSNL FTTH) I use the denmark ubuntu mirror (dotsrc.org or dk.archive.ubuntu.com) because it has been reliable and fast for me.

I have faced issues with the current official indian mirror (esto internet) and even piconets webwerks servers too.

Source

Source

This became such a huge problem that Canonical had to remove existing images and delay the release a bit. I am surprised no one caught them when they were being written to the code.

Rolling out to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and 23.10 this week is an update to the Noto Color Emoji font that’s includes full support for all of the new emoji in Unicode 15.1. And Ubuntu users can see and use these new emoji well before Apple users, as well!