Ubuntu Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 301
  • Views Views 87,196
Updated last night. Smooth.

I did the update on 18th itself..but smooth indeed..nothing new in dev. though...not that I know of..

Installed 20.04 but it has the long standing bug where it does not allow to login at the login screen. We have to resort to hackery to just login. Another failed distro. It seems Ubuntu and Nvidia drivers combo causes innumerable issues. Even Firefox WebRender is disabled because it cannot determine if my RTX 2080ti is compatible or not. But once these initial challenges are overcome, it is running quite smoothly.

• Wow
Reactions: IBF
wow. i had the same issue on the previous build on the ryzen machine i got assembled for a nephew few weeks ago. i thought i must have messed up during install because it started working on a reinstall.

plus @Navjot Singh also noticed a bunch of issues after upgrading to this build.

Are you guys using nvidia cards? Blame nvidia not ubuntu for crappy proprietary drivers then 😀

Why is it tough for them to get proper support for desktop versions with GUI.
I mean they already have drivers and they seem to work really well for CUDA computation based tasks on Ubuntu servers.

I would suggest not to change the mirror as the official india mirror (in.archive.ubuntu one) is now peered with extreme ix.

Most other mirrors slowly start getting out of date once a few months/years go by.