Ubuntu Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 301
  • Views Views 87,247
I have been using EasyPeasy on my netbook. Works decently fast but the development is shit slow - as good as dead. Have no problems with Unity, but I prefer Fedora on my desktop.

I have used Fedora long ago, when it was called Fedora Core, don't remember the exact version though. It was quite good. I'm now more comfortable with debian based linux as installation of various applications is much simpler on debian. Don't know whether newer version of Fedora has this simplicity too.

The default add/remove software tool in Fedora sucks. Yumex helps but nothing close to the Ubuntu Software Centre. But GNOME 3 Shell just blends perfectly in Fedora for me.

i am hearing they messed up the backup software big time in this release. it fails to recover from backup copy.

^^ so its better to downgrade to 12.04 ?????so far its working fine testing as media server ..... with plex media manager

lol. if you use the backup manage that ships in ubuntu? 🙂
i dont keep back up for any thing .... but i will check it ...
and hey as media server ... this one is so much better then windows .....( my point of view )

i am sure there are custom linux distros out there that are designed to work like a media server without the unnecessary apps (bloat) that are not required!

i am sure there are custom linux distros out there that are designed to work like a media server without the unnecessary apps (bloat) that are not required!

i have samsung ua32c5000qr.. before this i cant play online video .....on tv but with this i can ... use TED .. and other online video ...

I found the dash super slow in 12.10Looking forward to final release of Elementary OS.

I found the dash super slow in 12.10

Looking forward to final release of Elementary OS.
yeah that one so slow ......