Ubuntu Ultimate

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
has anyone here tried this particular distro?i am planning to install it. no idea if it would work with my hardware. it should. all the linux distros i have tried have worked. except for beryl.

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
Yes i am using ubuntu for the last 2 months. Works fine. You have separate repositories for proprietary drivers and softwares if you cant do without them. Installation of softwares is easier with Synaptic .However i havnt got my tv tuner card to work with any linux distro. The day i get that to work i will stop booting into windows.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i have a question in mind.while installing on a seperate partition, what kind of a boot loader should I use. i might decide to remove ubuntu at a later stage. no idea how do i go ahead and remove the boot loader and the installed ubuntu installation.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
install grub. its pretty easy to uninstall. just format the partition where you installed Ubuntu. then simply pop in the windoze CD and run fixmbr /boot or fixboot /mbr or whatever... its pretty easy...

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
I already have grub installed and dont want to install it again. I cant figure out how to continue the installation without installing grub