Ubuntu 9.04 Released

• Thread starter Thread starter DrSRQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 24,748
Even I would wait for the 9.04 version and then install fresh..

Nice , ~ 20 seconds boot time = awesomenessirrespective of how many distros i try , i end with ubuntu only

Wubi 😛Seriously , is installing ubuntu difficult 😛BTW just checked , the 9.04 RC disc has a file called wubi.exeAlso wubi allows uninstallation of ubuntu throgh Add/Remove programs , so it runs ubuntu on a virtual partition ? which means you are basically running linux over NTFS when you have the vastly superior ext4 available

well i still could not get ubuntu to work on my dual screen display setup. this version just might fix the problems i have faced in previous versions.

argh. i forgot ubuntu comes with wubi. can u just send me that wubi.exe file? 🙂

----------

well its a good way to see if you can shift to it... without messing up with partitions.

that's why i usually install ubuntu first through it.

if the version works for me, i might switch to a regular installation.

that site is freaking awesome 😀 you have to use it once to see it.

----------

cool. that file seems to be downloading the RC edition of Ubuntu 9.04 64bit. i should have it installed in a couple of hours.

Still nothing can ever pwn rapidsharethey must be having >1PB of data on their servers , and since i have a premium account for this month , its link-removed for me . ill use mediafire next month

link-removed is great for downloading stuff (you know what i mean!). but it can get confusing if you are sharing files with relatives or friends who are not used to these kind of services. 🙂

mediafire works cool with novices when you want to share files with them.

----------

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

this is the link for the same wubi.exe file 🙂

----------

another link that should come with a special graphic on the forum 😀

zSHARE - wubi.exe

argh. the installer hangs and stops downloading the ISO if i do not give it enough bandwidth for a particular time. looks like i would have to restrict heavy browsing till it downloads the iso file. too bad this version of wubi is not resuming. all stable editions usually resume.

Instead of using WUBI.exe to download the ISO, why not just download the RC ISO via torrent and burn to CD then you will get WUBI as well anyway....