Ubiquity Products available in India at near US price!

• Thread starter Thread starter a.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,380

a.c

ISP
Excitel
So, I was about to buy two Unifi AP AC Lite and one edgerouter x from US. Before that I went to the ubiquity official site and found out that they have authorized resellers in Delhi. I requested a quote from them from the following products and the pricing was spot on. It is almost close (still about 100 - 200 bucks expensive) to the US price of these products.

RS Communications:
UAP-AC-Lite - 5600
US-8-150W @ 13950/
USG-Pro 4- 18950
USG-@ 7950

If someone needs the equipment they should contact the resellers if buying from US is not an option.

Thanks

How much are they charging for edgerouter x?

Rs communications didn't have it in stock but they told me that it usually sells around 4.0k-4.3k INR and they can get it if I order it.

They don't ship unless you order a lot of equipment. So you'll have to go to their office and get it. There a 3-4 distributors/resellers in Delhi NCR, some of them may ship a single unit but I'm not sure.

right. i wonder why they don't sell these through Amazon at a decent markup. the listings for edgerouter x usually go for above 7000 on online stores.

I didn't ask for shipping since the office is 1hr drive from my home. But they were shipping out a lot of boxes from their office. You can visit their site and ask for quote. If they say that they don't ship or something like that please check ubiquity official website for resellers there are about 8-10 resellers in India, see if some reseller is closer to your location.

I am just curious about something. I have an edgerouter x. i currently have it connected to a wireless router. and then two other routers on another floor which works as extender. the setup has been working fine.

but what if i plan to upgrade to ubnt solution in future. what exactly would i need?

So since you already have an edgerouter x, you can go with 3 AP AC Lite(s) replacing the 3 routers/wireless APs. Plus a PC/Raspberry Pi which will run the controller (I am using a raspberry pi as of now).

ac lite requires ethernet connectivity or they connect with each other through wireless?
i do have a pi on the same network... what exactly is this controller i keep reading about 😀

All AP AC's will need ethernet with POE to get power and data. You can setup them using wifi also [will still need to power them though] (Ubiquiti Networks Community).

In the edgerouter you can simply type in its IP in the web browser and change the required settings. This is not the case with the unifi range of hardware. To configure the unifi range (switches, usg, access points) you will need a software which you can either install on a desktop or a Raspberry pi. This software will store all the configurations of different hardware and will give you a single UI to manage all the unifi hardware that you may have in the future.

A small video which explains the unifi contoller. (All my knowledge are from his video's only 🙂

Source

Its quite amazing what these small devices can do given their price point. Even i'll be shifting to full ubiquity solution in the near future.

Last edited:
I called them and they told me they would ship single units to Bangalore after I inquired about the UAP-AC-LR. It's out of stock right now though.

6800 + GST for anyone curious.