Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,712
i was just requesting this service the dam thing app hanged for one min :\ and boom got charged min 60 :\

UberGo? Send a support mail. Should get refunded.

Definitely... Not good. What's wrong with these people man

As per Police, Uber did not even bother getting a Police verification of the driver done before contracting him to drive for them. If true that is a real low for them.

Anyone using a taxi in India (specially at night), please be overtly careful. I know of guys who dozed off and were driven to a secluded spot and robbed. You just can't trust anyone in this land. Shithole it indeed is.

Looks like nothing has changed even after the infamous delhi rape case.. Shame on these chaps..

On a separate note, this will give lobbyists an opportunity to ban uber

okay, i read this news yesterday night. incidentally my sister was in a an uber half an hour away from my place. I called her and asked her to send a screenshot of driver as well as told her to be careful.

thought Uber is safe..guess not. Atleast ola and taxiforsure have GPS installed.

uber was supposed to have gps ! what happened to that? i was under the assumption uber had higher standards. guess i was stupid to make assumptions 🙁

from my understanding the phone that driver carries is the only gps in the cabs connected with uber. which of course can be turned off. though i could be wrong.

i am reading that uber did not verify driver's identity and he was using a fake name and address. i kind of find this hard to believe. the name etc. have to be accurate for the payments to work. how can one guy accept payments if he used a fake name to register with uber? he has to have a whole fake identity with bank accounts and license etc. to get away with it.

Btw the Uber drivers I got till now are techies who are doing Uber part time.

Only once I got a guy who shifted to meru cabs due to better payment 🙂