Uber

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Regulars
As per Police, Uber did not even bother getting a Police verification of the driver done before contracting him to drive for them. If true that is a real low for them.

Anyone using a taxi in India (specially at night), please be overtly careful. I know of guys who dozed off and were driven to a secluded spot and robbed. You just can't trust anyone in this land. Shithole it indeed is.

himanshupant

Regulars
Looks like nothing has changed even after the infamous delhi rape case.. Shame on these chaps..

On a separate note, this will give lobbyists an opportunity to ban Uber

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
Regulars
okay, i read this news yesterday night. incidentally my sister was in a an Uber half an hour away from my place. I called her and asked her to send a screenshot of driver as well as told her to be careful.

thought Uber is safe..guess not. Atleast ola and taxiforsure have GPS installed.

kickass

Super Adm1n
Regulars
Uber was supposed to have gps ! what happened to that? i was under the assumption Uber had higher standards. guess i was stupid to make assumptions :(

Sushubh

Administrator
from my understanding the phone that driver carries is the only gps in the cabs connected with Uber . which of course can be turned off. though i could be wrong.