Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,895

Uber Rewards is rolling out; here’s how the perks work – TechCrunch

1d2pEgA.png

Uber Riders: Uber To Remove Misbehaving Riders - Bloomberg Quint

my dad is in a weird position. he has taken just around 10 rides. and his ratings have dropped down to 3.8. i cannot imagine him misbehaving with any driver. but he could soon find himself blocked. uber has allowed him to be fairly independent as he no longer drives himself. if uber blocks his account, it would create a lot of nuisance for him.

Uber launches UberBOAT in Mumbai | Uber Newsroom India

Uber, the world’s largest ridesharing company, today announced a pilot launch of UberBOAT service in Mumbai, in partnership with Maharashtra Maritime Board. The on-demand service will provide transportation from three of the city’s popular coastal routes namely Gateway of India, Elephanta Islands and Mandwa Jetty, via speed boats. Starting February 1, riders can access two variants of UberBOAT based on seating capacity – 6-8 seater for UberBOAT and 10+ seater for UberBOAT XL.

All UberBOAT rides will be equipped with best in class safety features including lifejackets, emergency contact details, printed collaterals along with a manual that highlights safety instructions. The rides are available at INR 5,700/- for UberBOAT (6-8 seater speed boat) and INR 9,500/- for BOAT XL (10+ seater speed boat) for all the active routes.

Last edited:
so dad got the sms earlier today that his account rating is below acceptable limit and he could be blocked unless his rating goes up.
i really hate to be the guy who begs the driver to give him a five star rating. but i guess i would have to do just that.

worth mentioning here. his uber credits has rs. 2000 in them. i added the balance to make it easy for him to have cashless rides. i mean it makes zero sense that he could find himself with a blocked account. that money is not coming back i bet.

That's really bad to know @Sushubh. If you could talk to the Customer Support or make new account for him?

All it takes is new sim. (Most of the phones has Dual-Sim).

Don't make a new account, it's a terrible idea. My friend had similar issue and when he tried making a new account, both his old and new accounts were put on hold. He had real trouble getting his old account back(lots of emails) . Talking to the CS is best I guess