Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,925
They can't auto debit. From my understanding, you connect your vpa in the payment settings. And uber raises a payment request after the ride is over. You would need to complete that payment before you can book another ride. Similar to how credit cards work on Uber.
Yup..you were right. I used UPI for uber payment today. I gave approval on UPI after my ride😎

Who is Dara Khosrowshahi, Uber's new CEO? - Businessinsider India on Mobile

Expedia Dara Khosrowshahi In a move that surprised the tech industry, Uber on Sunday offered its CEO job to a man who wasn't on anyone's radar: Expedia's CEO Dara Khosrowshahi.
If he accepts the job, he will be leading the world's most valuable privately-held tech startup, valued at more than $60 billion by its investors. But he will also have an incredibly tough job steering the ride-hailing company back to stability, after months of controversies and bitter infighting at the board level.

Uber drivers will now have to click a selfie before accepting rides

Ride-hailing app Uber on Thursday launched a facial recognition ID approval system for drivers that will require them to take a selfie before accepting rides.
The move is to avoid duplication of driver details and to curb impersonation by unregistered drivers.
The features have been rolled out in cities of Delhi, Kolkata, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune, and Lucknow and will be rolled out to other cities too.
“At every step, we are maximising the usage of technology to bring transparency and accountability through several features, which we believe will have a positive impact on riders and driver partners,” Apurva Dalal, Head of Engineering, Uber India, added.
The IT backend for the ID validation of a driver has been designed to support even low-end feature phones.
When a driver takes a picture for validation, the specific features of the driver is extracted from the image, which is then matched to the image available in the records. All this happens in real-time at in the IT backhaul.

mLrYFFG.png

took them six months to add this to my account.