Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,911
Not sure when this was added. Would have to check what the driver is shown when a ride is booked through Amazon Pay balance. Because if the driver is shown cash at his end, it is going to cause the same problem as I faced with Uber prepaid credits.

I've used Amazon Pay several times since October, the reason being they were offering 50% cashback upto Rs 100/120 😅

Never faced any issue, worked similar to using Paytm balance. You'd need a minimum of Rs 200 or so as Amazon Pay balance to use that option. However what I normally do (in case I don't have balance), I just select a credit card and once the ride is completed, pay with any other option as with CC you need to authorise the transaction post ride and they do give an option to change the method of required.

i mean it works fine. the problem is that uber was showing cash to driver when dad was using uber credits. they thought they would get cash at the end. at the end of the ride, app showed them Rs. 0. they get confused. gave 1 star rating to dad. might be using uberauto tomorrow. would try to see if driver notices the payment mode shown to him.

It has been available for long, but it doesn't work very well specially at the time of booking when it shows the fare. Something or the other goes wrong.

I used it today for the first time. The fare was 174, received a cashback of 87 in Amazon pay. Didn't know there's an offer.

This is a good method for earning CC rewards. If your uber bill is of 170, you'll get only rewards over 100. Buy a gift card of Rs 200/ multiples of 100 or whatever your CC rewards you for. Add it your Amazon account. You'll get full rewards. Do not add money directly as it may be reflected as wallet reload on your cc statement and you may not get rewards. I use this to get 2.5% rewards on SBI simplyclick.

If they can charge surge pricing, which are often nothing less than absurd. What's wrong in this? And I'm saying this in general, not because of the pandemic situation.

Reactions: Smh
What is Uber and Ola's AC policy and number of riders allowed, post unlock?
Couldn't find it anywhere on the web.

Post covid uber drivers have started cancelling trips too much based upon location mainly. Even the availability of cabs and auto has reduced.

It should be opposite right? If there is less work available drivers should be less picky.

Destination location should be shown upfront to the drivers so everyone's time can be saved, they accept booking then chat then you have to cancel or wait.