Uber India now accepting payments through UPI

Sushubh

Administrator
Still waiting for answer to my query in some other thread...

Does Uber ask you to pay through card at the end of the ride? Or at the beginning of the next one? Because for me, it never asks me to pay at the end of the ride. And when I am booking next ride... I have to deal with the payment before the booking happens.

I have been using cards on Uber because of the ongoing StanChart 20% offer. I think it ends in September. So have to deal with this nonsense.

I have an unpaid ride in my account. No option to pay for it in history or anywhere. I have to start the process of booking a ride to pay for it. Thankfully it does not book the ride and restarts the process after payment is made.

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
Regulars
Not at my end too. only usual card/patym payments option is there.

btw its raining crazy at htd past two days and Uber is going nuts with surge compared to ola.

ola cost me 150rs for a trip which Uber was showing 450rs :confused:

raj2007

Chennai
Regulars
UPI was showing at my Uber a/c. Created UPI bank a/c in axis pay app and linked my not much used bank to Uber . They charged(bank transaction with my permission at axis app) me Re 1
Everything went smooth. Checking all my banks balance in seconds possible thru upi app:winkytongue::emoji_ok_hand:

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
Regulars
Uber needs minimum 350rs in Paytm wallet to book a ride. while this is not much, sometimes you use wallet and forget to top up the wallet. And then when you try to book Uber in an emergency, it then shows you that 350rs minimum is required.

it happened to me few days back when i was drenched in rain and wanted to book a cab asap and it showed me this. having UPI will solve this I hope

Sushubh

Administrator
why not just pick credit card :D as it does not require payment at the end of the ride. and then pay with whatever mode is comfortable the next time you are booking the ride :p

no one has still confirmed if credit card based rides are not required payment immediately after the ride is finished :p

i have a 550 rupee unpaid ride in my account. unless i start a new ride, there is no option in the UI to pay for that ride. it's so annoying.