Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,849
i guess there is nothing you can do at your end. banks and apps would have to update at their own end. i haven't see any of the new features being introduced by either PhonePe or Google Pay.

I haven't used UPI for Uber lately. Are they blocking money from my a/c during travel?

that feature would require upi 2.0. would have heard something about it if it was happening. i have not paid using upi on uber for a few weeks now. but the last time i paid, nothing was blocked.

I have used share your current location with driver long back too.

But after that I started manually picking pickup point to be more accurate.

So havent used that feature from long.. may be they took it down and now reintroducing it.

have not seen it before. i always assumed that if i moved after booking the ride, driver would continue to see where i am going. i usually walk towards the direction of the cab keeping an eye on it on the map. i guess they were not doing it. and this option would enable that functionality manually.

Thats why I choose pick up point... so that driver cant see where I am right now. Else he can easily guess location of my home or where I was before getting in the car.

Better to set pick up point and walk towards pickup point. Instead of letting your driver see the path u came from.

Many times I have seen driver calling from what appears to be landline number. Now driver cant have a landline number in his car.

So I was under impression that driver already had a feature to make free calls which gets routed through some method.

Now I wonder how those drivers were able to call via a landline number?

that was done a while ago. because of harassment factors. calls were routed through uber. so drivers could not access customer's number. i guess now they are doing it using voip (internet) rather than mobile (cellular network). not sure if this is a good idea considering the quality of internet. it might be good enough for gps. might not be good enough for a clear voice call.

Same with swiggy, the delivery people call via their app I guess because when I get calls it shows a landline area code and if I try to call back those numbers it does not connect. I'm sure other services use this way of calling too.

VOIP is only going to make the Driver's phone hang. They don't use iPhones. They use all those second-hand or cheap Android Phones which can hardly handle the Uber App with Maps running. (Given that Uber App uses the Maps API too which is too much consuming of data as well).

And, Some of them have their music player and WhatsApp running too.

VOIP is a bad move. I feel like Uber is just not ready to setup the better services in India. They don't have Telephonic Support either.

checked today. uber lite still does not support cards. 🤦
dad's rating is up to 4.09 now. not clear what rating is safe as he got another message few days ago.

yeah. warning mails are still coming. 4.08 is still too low. what is the point of having 1-4 values if >4 is too low!