Type Iv Modem Required

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
I require a BSNL TYPE - IV modem which they give for outright purchase of Rs.2000. One just has to fill up a form and purchase modem with cash.Since I am in mumbai and a MTNL subscriber they wont sell the modem to me... 🙁Can someone staying at Kalyan/Dombivili or anywhere in Maharashtra or anywhere in India 🙄 help me in acquiring a modem, I will pay all necessary charges.Waiting for ur replies/suggestions and helpThanks. 🙂

not even single reply, nobody wants to help... 🙁 🙁Come on guys, I need ur help.......

aha Imranais, dimag hai dude! 🙂 Dont you know anybody staying at virar or such place?

no yaar max, almost all my friends are either in mumbai, navi mumbai or outside maharashtra.This is a xcellent deal from BSNL, for just 2000 bucks u get a ADSL modem cum a wireless router...Wish I had someone outside mumbai but inside maharashtra... 🙁

QUOTE(imranais @ Oct 23 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]66377[/snapback]
Netgear and Linksys are only routers and the Type IV modem provided by BSNL is both a adsl modem as well as a wireless router...
[/b]

I wonder who told you this!

Look here... http://www.netgear.com/Products/Routersand...rs/DG834GT.aspx

I was suggesting you this model. It's available everywhere... even in Mumbai. You will have to pay approx double the cost as that of BSNL's 3rd grade (but working) model made by Huawei. Cost looks like "the factor" but believe me you are going for a world class material. Which is far better than BSNL's one. Best Luck. HTH!

Thanks MasterMind for the suggestion will certainly try to get the price for it in mumbai...! 🙂Yes its definitely a good product from a good company if the price is not too very high...

You can check D-Link Modems. They have ADSL+Wireless modems available. Someone had posted a link to the DLINK website.You will get the regional offices from there..

Call up and ask the price and if they can ship it to you.

QUOTE(MasterMind @ Oct 23 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]66432[/snapback]
There is one available from D-Link too. I think it's D-Link DSL-G604T. Not sure about the price though!
[/b]

i agree with imran. the point is that you wont get ADSL + Wifi within 2000 bucks. Wifi alone will cost you 2300 bucks. So it makes sense in getting BSNL's modem even if its 3rd grade Chinese model.

QUOTE(Nilesh Patel @ Oct 24 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]66536[/snapback]
D-Link is providing a ADSL+Wi-Fi for 2600Rs, advt has been appearing in many papers
[/b]

Then give the modem no. or the link to the web page....