Tutorial: Tata SKY with DVB Card on PC

• Thread starter Thread starter harrydeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 52,112
To tell you frankly, in terms of quality, both Tata Sky (Tata Sky sucks more) & BigTV compared to DD Direct, not because of the setup I have but because of the image resolution and audio quality. DD direct offers superior picture quality in terms of both Audio & Video, it is real DVD that is 720x576 where as TATA SKy churned upto 586 & BigTV upto 600.So not much of use. If you want the real quality try DD Direct thats free.

hm

Are you planning to see Voom HD, because I dont see much of DVB-S2 these days in India. Also can you send me the ebay page link for the card.

WOW Thats what I can say on the amount of interest and knowledge this thread is generating in me atleast, Kudos to you people, I am tying to gather as much as I can by reading this thread on regular basis.Thanks

Hi Pranav , did your DVB-S2 card reached. How are you planning to use Airtel on it ?

@Harry is your TATA card working fine in Phonex reader without entering Box ID

No need for Box ID. The only thing you need to be cautious of is the frequency of your card and card reader should match.

The SoftCAM module will get the new keys every 10 seconds from your subscription card keep your Channels alive, if the frequencies doesnt match you may notice a delay of .5 to 1 secs every 10 secs of transmission.

Also while recording the TV you need to make sure that you are not running other applications in background.

Hey manGood luck with your exam results. Sorry for your card loss. Which card reader you were using USB or COM? They say that USB is more prone for these kind of errors. I dont think DVB card or DVB viewer is any way responsible for this. It has to be some undocumented stuff with the card only. Becuase the card is returnig keys but not the correct keys. I belive some alignment error may have occured. You have the source code for NDS CAM ?May some recompilation can help.Regarding BigTV I was using PMCAM. Source code is also avaialable. I was in touch with the developer, he says he wont be updating PMCAM anytime soon. Looks like we have to take the call. He is ready to help.PMCam currently works in very jerky nature with BigTV and not vaiable solution unless somebody fixes it. I have neither experience nor budget to work with H/W CAMS so I have to work with PMCAM. Will keep you updated when my build of PMCAM is ready to test How is the Airtel thing coming up ?

Thanks for the trick.While a channel works for while but a after two key request cycle (20 secs) its not getting updated.On a second note, most of the channels (around 70%) doesnt have audio pids associated with them. I dont know whats the issue. DVDream detects those as Data Channels.

Updated as in? returning DCW's??

Incase of the Audio PID'S try explicitly specifying the PID's in DVB Dream.. In progdvb i have a option to edit the channel and specify Video PID's or Audio PID's.. etc

Audio PID's are listed on the lyngsat & satcodx site.
Big TV on Measat 3 at 91.5°E - LyngSat

MEASAT 3 - India (91.5E) Last Chart Update: 2008-11-20, 14:11

whoa didnt noticed that. Many thanks I will try that.

And yes I mean returning DCWs any solution ?

Pheonix/ Smartmouse supported smart card reader. This will read your Tata Sky smart Card I dont know if they are available in india, but you can order from WB Electronics, Infinity USB Unlimited available for EUR 69 i.e. INR 4550 (WB Electronics)

Hi "harrydeo"

Could you give some technical information regarding the smart card being provided by Tata Sky for subscription purposes?

I wanted to look for alternative smart card readers that can read Tata Sky's subscription card, but dont have a start point for the same.

We can then take the discussion further.

Thanks,
dowell