• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,149

Raditz

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
I'm not sure if there is another tutorial for Batch files, anyways I made this for a friend and I thought I'd share it here.

How to make the batch file--

Step 1. Make a .bat file for connecting, say bsnldial.bat with the following line:
rasdial connectionname username password
for e,g. if the name of your connection is BSNL Broadband, type
RASDIAL "BSNL Broadband" username password

In username and password enter the username and pass u use to connect to BSNL

It should look like this--

Now save this file as >>bsnldial

Vista will save this file as txt , therefore to make this a batch file

Go to Folder options and uncheck the pointed option

Now go to the desktop and rename the .txt extention of the bsnldial file from bsnldial.txt to bsnldial.bat

If youre on XP u can scheduled the batch file from XP's Task scheduler, but I tried the same on vista and was having trouble with it so u need this software to run the batch files

Code:
http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm

and ur done, the system will automatically connect

Took me some time to make this tut, Hope it helps all you sleep deprieved downloaders, along with this u can schedule utorrent/ any other software with schedule option. Happy downloading 🙂

If u want to wake up ur PC any particular time then therz a software called Auto PowerOn & ShutDown
but its useless without the above batch files because even if ur PC wakes up at an appointed time it wont connect to ADSL automatically

Good work buddy. What sort of trouble did you have with Vista's task scheduler. Btw people here still using Vista???!!!:huh::huh::huh:. It amazes me to be honest.

Thank you. I have already posted through system scheduler here

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I have already posted through system scheduler here

Yea, but your scheduler involves logging into the Router page, strangely enough I cant log in to the MT882 I was supplied with.

These Batch files are Independent of the above process.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are hundreds of these tutorials floating around. The important thing here is to know what you are trying to achieve. This is screen shot of my "scheduler task" page.

I have moved on to bridged mode. The First task runs at 2:00. It wakes my computer up from hibernation and tries executing notepad.exe but fails each time. The purpose is to simply switch on my computer so the "could not start" status doesn't mean anything. Rest of the tasks is self-explanatory.

Those trying to use the "last 30min hack" for free usage can stick another "connect" task between 4 and 5. Remember to use a different dialer for this purpose and edit it so that it doesn't redial when disconnected. Apply some "bheja" and you'll know why im telling you this.

Nice....That batch file execution thingy for Vista be usefull!!