• Thread starter Thread starter curious
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 28,747

curious

ISP
TTML
Friends,

You can watch FTA channels from ABS 1 satellite using ADTV setup without changing the dish orientation.

Here's how to do it.
0. Go to System Settings in ADTV STB menu. (Default password 0000)
1. In LNB settings, selected Other satellite for LNB 2
2. Went to FTA->Find channels
3. Select Other for sattelite
4. Select 3/8 for transponders which happened to be transponder with 12579 frequency (Note I could not enter TP transponder frequency directly)
5. Press green button for auto scan
6. The STB should find some channels from the transponders.
7. Select save append option. The STB appends the channels after channel 999.
8. Now exit from STB menu. Go to channel 999 (help channel) and press next channel button. You should be able see channels from ABS 1 satellite there.

Most of the channels are religious channels. They may not be of interest for most of us. But it's exciting to do some successful experiments and be able to watch channels which other people don't know how to tune to.

JCTV and Smile of A child are good channels from ABS 1.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

If you are in north India, you should be able to get ABS1 channes from all 8 transponders pre programed in ADTV stb (Around 36 TV channels). Unfortunately users in south India can receive channels from 1 transponder only (7 channels).

The footprint of the North beam of ABS 1 covers only Northern part of India (it is meant for Russia and China). Only South beam covers entire India. Most of the ABS 1 transponders are using North beam.

Yes!..I get around 38 TV and 5 radio channels..but most are useless..except FTV Russia,LUXE TV and SET..but SET has now started broadcasting Russian dubbed versions of American shows like Scrubs and Will and Grace..

please help me i have done all the procedure's as you said but i am getting only 7 channel and radio. i live in delhi region. please help me i want to know how you can get 38 channel.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Yes!..I get around 38 TV and 5 radio channels..but most are useless..except FTV Russia,LUXE TV and SET..but SET has now started broadcasting Russian dubbed versions of American shows like Scrubs and Will and Grace..

please help me i have done all the procedure's as you said but i am getting only 7 channel and radio. i live in delhi region. please help me i want to know how you can get 38 channel.

First off - greatly appreciate "curious" posting this. Reminded me of my childhood days where I used to scan the SW frequencies on a radio that belonged to my granddad for channels around the world. I'm in Bangalore and I checked out the channels and there's nothing here I want to keep, how do I remove these channels?

Thats sounds good :redface:

Will it affect the main channels man? how do i reset them?

It works but only 8 channels no ftv russia 🙁 unfair on south indians :redface:. what about other satellite nss12,nss-6 does that have channels too?

Well maybe the south beam of this satellite is not able to reach south of India..Most are russian and tajiki channels..not of much use..And to delete them you can go to--system settings--FTA--Delete channels..

i am on north india . i am in delhi but still getting only 8 channels please tell any one from delhi how many channel they are getting

I stay in Delhi and I'm getting around 38 TV stations..Although Eurosports channels are just blank and there are many test feeds(including Endemol,Moscow e.t.c)..So the total working channels would be 28-30..I just followed the same procedure but my dish is on the third floor on the terrace..

First off - greatly appreciate "curious" posting this. Reminded me of my childhood days where I used to scan the SW frequencies on a radio that belonged to my granddad for channels around the world.

I'm in Bangalore and I checked out the channels and there's nothing here I want to keep, how do I remove these channels?

Sorry friend for being late in replying. If remember it correctly, there's an option for deleting these channels in FTA->Manage channels menu. I should warn you that I've not tried deleting channels so do it on your own risk.

hi. m unable to get fta channels in adtv.m from mumbai.i tried dis settings. but dint find ne channels.ne1 from mumbai getting it??thnx.. In LNB settings, selected Other satellite for LNB 22. Go to FTA -> Find channels3. Select Other for satellite4. Select 3/8 for transponders which happened to be transponder with 12579 frequency5. Pressed green button for auto scan6. The STB found some channels from the transponders.7. Select save/append option.The STB appended the channels after channel 999.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

buddy plz check ur signal strenghth as i'd faced the same issue previously my signal strength was 182 and at that time i was getting 11 channels yesterday engr visited my home as i was facing some issue with signals and he re aligned the dish
and my signal strength increased to 195 and i'm getting 33 fta now

hi. m unable to get fta channels in adtv.
m from mumbai.
i tried dis settings. but dint find ne channels.
ne1 from mumbai getting it??

thnx..

In LNB settings, selected Other satellite for LNB 2
2. Go to FTA -> Find channels
3. Select Other for satellite
4. Select 3/8 for transponders which happened to be transponder with 12579 frequency
5. Pressed green button for auto scan
6. The STB found some channels from the transponders.
7. Select save/append option.

The STB appended the channels after channel 999.

Recently I have subscribed to ADTV and tried the method to scan ABS1 channels.

First of all there is no settings like for LNB2, FTA. Yes under My Setings -> System Settings -> FTA channels -> Satellite 1/2, etc .... are there.
Still I have entered new frequency with user Transponder and pressed auto scan, but it did not found any channel. I'm seeing that auto tuning is locked in my STB. Any help ?