• Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 20,644

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Airtel coverage has been very spotty in my region. Too many call drops. Decided to switch to Vodafone. Filed the application today. Was told that I would have to wait for 7 days. And if it does not change, Airtel has rejected the request. I was told that if the request was successful, the connection would stop working at night and the Vodafone SIM would be active by morning. And then I would have to recharge it to start using it. I paid 19 rupees for the application. 1 rupee for the port SMS.

Great and good luck!

Haha. I guess I am the only one who hasn't paid a single paise for either of my porting applications. I didn't even pay for the starter pack 😛

just got an sms from airtel that they would get back to me shortly 😕 and i should save the porting code for reference. 😕

----------

are they going to play the retention game with me? i mean do they talk to people who have applied for MNP? 😀

are they going to play the retention game with me? i mean do they talk to people who have applied for MNP? 😀

Yes wait for their call =))

haha ok. considering i cannot really receive calls properly in the basement, they are in for a major disappointment.

Oh but did u verify u get Vodafone signals in basement or not?

heh nope. this is more of a gamble that could cause me 6 months of frustration. i would change the number yet again if vodafone fails. 😛you raised a valid point though, i should have purchased a vodafone prepaid sim just for testing alone 🙁i am however expecting airtel to block my MNP request. 😀

You dont need to purchase a SIM... u can ask any one friend/relative who has Vodafone to lend you their mobile or invite them over.If you cant ask them...then call up a vodafone representative at home! And check if his mobile is catching signals!! 😀

ah well. too late for that i guess. i am more worried about vodafone's edge services. i did not even check if they offer it on roaming. 😕 any ideas?

Yes EDGE has all india roaming at same cost. Atleast applies to us Mumbai users.

haha ok. considering i cannot really receive calls properly in the basement, they are in for a major disappointment.

Yah going upstairs to bathroom after waking up, and meeting unknown people is really disappointing 😛

today is the 6/7th day. and it is still not done. looks like my request has not been processed by airtel. 🙁

I wanna port my mom's phone number from reliance to vodafone .. But tht number is having a lifetime validity with expiry on something like 2017 .. Will it be possible to port the number or will reliance can reject the request stating its validity is for lifetime??

why don't you check the status from Vodafone. They can tell you the stage .