Trying to set Reliance Jio Fiber Gateway to Bridge mode got this message any one Have A Idea?

Has anyone got this working properly or are we all fighting a losing battle?

I don’t have a Jio connection but I feel for bridge mode to work, the wan port and the bridged lan port should be on same vlan id.
Is that a possible configuration in jio? If yes then it is worth a try.

Has anyone got this working properly or are we all fighting a losing battle?

A cross post I posted here at Reliance Jio Fiber Router are broadcasting hidden SSID even when Wi-Fi is disabled | Reliance JioFiber but relevant to the topic here.

"For those still wondering about the hidden SSID. Here goes JioFiber – Detail

"The Company shall have the right to share FTTH Assets with its affiliates, third parties and other customers in any manner whatsoever, for which no separate consent shall be required."

So in case they use those hidden SSIDs (aka running on "their" FTTH Assets which they have detailed earlier in the document) for purpose they see fit, such as creating a mesh network with nearby residences, creating public hotspots and all of this using your electricity and resources, you have already agreed to their T&C and consented them doing all this. As far as I remember, Comcast try to pull something similar in the US at one point. There is a reason why they force their "Assets" on you instead of letting you purchase your own ONT. There is a reason they block incoming ports so that you explicitly use only their provided Smart / CCTV big brother solutions. There is a reason they do not let you bridge to turn the ONT Transparent at their end bypassing TR-069. Welcome to their Walled Garden" 🙂

Indeed. We should just acknowledge that Jio started the revolution and thank them for it and just move on from there. Just use the best Non Jio provider available. If none are there, then use Jio till that point.

Jio knows there are other players in the market and has been quiet(maybe they also see the blessings we shower upon them on this forum) . If they had monopoly over the broadband market , this would have been implemented already I guess. But there will be workaround for that also at some point as the WiFi router is obviously installed at your premises

The range the JioFiber router gives , I doubt if its even viable for them to pull off this public Wifi stunt

Last edited:
This VLAN ID was the default in my JCOW4032 hidden settings
- wifi advanced settings & WAN settings are hidden in UI menu on left- BUT USE THE SEARCH OPTION - it will show many hidden results & from there you can change wifi channel settings, WAN DNS etc. - Best search the category names (shown on left)- and it will show everything under it.

I have configured it. I did not do anything in primary jio router. I have 2 secondary router ie. Original Jio router and old Huwaei DSL router from Airtel. I disabled DHCP in both secondary router and configured secondary router IP something like 192.168.29.2 and 192.168.29.3 and then connected LAN cable from primary Jio router LAN port 1 to secondary router LAN port 1. Both of secondary Jio router and Huawei router now broadcasting their SSIDs upon connecting which we have internet working. Only thing is that secondary Jio router is showing Red blinking light but wifi internet is also working fine with same router