Trying to set Reliance Jio Fiber Gateway to Bridge mode got this message any one Have A Idea?

@smartdeep That's AP mode

@Skeeter @lucifer ok then what's bridge mode purpose? I want to use secondary router to have better wifi internet coverage and signal at ground floor since primary router installed on 1st floor. Isn't then AP mode enough or solves the requirement? Please reply.

Okay, Bridge Mode is used on ONT to let the ONT work as a media converter(Optical to Electrical) and all the routing is done by your external router.

@smartdeep what you are trying to achieve is, you want to have better wifi capability, so get a good wifi router and then connect it to your JIO ONT via ethernet cable(LAN-to-LAN) and disable dhcp server on your external router. This way, your external router will be acting as Access Point.

Ok in that case I think it's fine with AP mode but, can this AP mode be done for secondary Jio router and Huwaei router wirelessly also? In fact I saw WDS bridge option in Huwaei router which I configured successfully but it's not actually working and I have to use LAN cable to work in AP mode. And for secondary Jio router I have not idea how to configure it in AP mode wirelessly

Hardware is capable but I dont think software would be capable of it as ONTs are not designed for this task, ONTs are meant to be used like an ONT.