Troubleshoot MTNL Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 10,758
its very simple, if router is using the "auto discovered DNS"mode then it will automatically use MTNL's DNS servers..otherwise u can specify the DNS servers to be used in the routers settings itself and then make ur LAN card point to the router.so effectively ur lan card will be using the alternate DNS servers that u specifed in the router settings..otherway round u can specify the DNS servers in the LAN card itself

But if auto discovery is on then u cant port forward esp reqd for torrents.

it hasfor manually enterin DNS u hav to manually put ur IP address.its not possible to use the combination like puttin manual IP address and automatically find DNS. That "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" option greys out.For automatic ip address u cant port forwardTry it.So for automatic DNS no port forwarding is possible.Guess i m clear 😛

huh??in my router.. which is portforwarded for torrents.. in the dns section - its on "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" .. but ya i have to manually enter the values in my ethernet advanced settings..

^^^ hes talking about the lan connection settings.

sanke1, I think there is some confusion..I am using both options of DNS manual and auto with my setup here without problems with port forwarding coz i have fulfilled the basic requirement for portforwarding ie having static IP's to LAN and DHCP disabled

BTW cyberwiz.....the Reliance DNS servers which I had given works perfectly with MTNL n/w. I have been using then since a month or so & even while typing this post. Its allowing probably bcoz MTNL buys bandwidth from Reliance. 😀

Can someone help me out with a very bizarre thing that is happening...Once I go online, within 15 minutes my browser-IE/Firefox/Opera stops connecting but my Getright and Torrent downloads keep working.Despite repeated resets, pings and all...I just cant surf the net, yet my file downloads keep going uninterrupted.thanks in advance for any help!Btw, anyone in Andheri East on thsi forum....I think Triband here sucks:-(

I have splitted my incoming direct line with a simple splitter that is available for only rs25.The splitter I haveused is the one that is sued for parallel lines.I am right now able to use fine and internet simulatneously without any problem.I can recive as well as make calls.However, experts please tell me can I recive problems in future like disconnection of internet due to incoming call, low speeds etc since I have used a simple splitter instead of adsl splitter???Please tell me possible problems due to simple splitter instead of adsl spiltter

yes u willcause that spiltter is just splittin the line.But adsl splitter splits n enhance the frequency.its better u change it to adsl splitter

FriendsI am using MTNL triband with default settings of router. Every thing is fine.However, on occasions there is a problem.The problem is that my router is well connected , all lights solid green, but net is not working.When I log in the ADSL interface and check the WAN , it states AUTHENICATION failure.I get this error even when I havent changed the password.Whenever , i get this problem , my net is down atleast for 1/2 hour .after that it again connects and run smoothly, with same settings.My query is when I havent changed the password why I am getting this error , authenication failure due to whcih net is down.whats the best solution for this problem

Its when mtnl are making changes to there authentication server! It happens with me also however just 10-15 mins long prob. So who will tell mtnl (sarkari)emp to make the panga in night not in daytime.

GSV,so no solution to this problem?btw, I can tell MTNL about this problem if you tell me actually whats the problem is.Once we tell MTNL they will certainly do something.