TriplePlay offering 100mbps unlimited plan in Gurgaon for Rs. 2000

ISP
bsnl
I saw pamphlet near my house of triple play.
It just says

Unlimited plans
10Mpbs 1000
20Mbps 1250
100Mbps 2000

It doesn't say anything about FUP
Are they reliable because their plans look too good to be true.

I am paying 1799 for 25mbps here in Sector 31 on Excitel. No FUP on Excitel as well. Triple Play has been in the market for much longer. Reliability depends upon the local cable operator. As for the plans, the costs are low enough to give them a try. Excitel is prepaid so there are very few risks involved. I can stop paying without worrying about continuing billing which is the case with shitty operators like Tikona which does not let go of customers easily.

What I've seen about Triple play is that they're okay, not great. As pointed out above, reliability depends on LCO. Take a trial at least, or ask around your neighbourhood if anyone uses it

Excitel not available outside sector 31.
I will have to settle for Tripleplay
qKx7sDi.jpg

qKx7sDi

qKx7sDi

From what I heard they would next expand to model town in old Gurgaon. As for areas with existing lco, it's unlikely Excitel would compete with them.

But Sector 39 is just next to 31. Wish they come here too.

There is just one lco right? He gets to decide which operator he collaborates with. Excitel has no power in their hands to be honest. Lco in my area was not providing any type of Internet so Excitel got an opening.

Hmmm, the LCO here also offers TriplePlay, so chances of Excitel coming here are reducing.

Okay then....

Do they share the contention ratio? I think it should be mandatory, at least with UL plans. Another local ISP here is offering similar plans but they don't even have a proper website though I may contact them and see if they're using fiber and what bandwidth they're buying.

can someone explain to me why contention ratio is relevant today when regulations require isp to provide at least 80% of advertised speeds to their own gateway?

^Are 80% speeds to own server or what? All the time? At least I know international speeds are exempt and maximum contention is 1:50. It should be very difficult to get such high speeds continously at these costs then.

Q 4. What is the permissible minimum Broadband speed limit?
A. As per the regulation on “Quality of Service standards for Broadband Services” issued by TRAI on 6th May, 2006, a subscriber should get minimum 80% of the subscribed broadband connection speed from ISP Node to user.

Frequently Asked Question - Consumer Info: Telecom Regulation Authority of India

In simple terms, if your ISP has a node on speedtest.net... you should always get 80% speeds to it at least.

of course, the isp can calibrate their network in such a way that you get 80% speeds to their own node and 50% outside. trai regulation i doubt has anything about this. on excitel, i easily get more than 80% speeds on speedtest servers (even the ones not operated by my isp) based in my city (gurgaon). on fast.net i barely get 20%.

also of course the regulations was made many years ago when we did not have speeds of more than 2/4mbps on any isp in india. 20% drop on a 2mbps connection is a lot more noticeable than 20% drop on a 100mbps line.

i have not seen anything about contention ratio on trai guidelines on speeds.

TRAI response to RTI related to minimum broadband speeds

Just opted for the 100mbps truly unlimited plan, comes at a price of Rs. 3000. Will be a huge upgrade from my airtel connection that costs Rs. 3000(the same) for a measly 16mbps with a fup of 500gb. Keeping the airtel connection for now, let's see how things go with tripleplay.