Tripleplay Broadband Review

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 231
  • Views Views 33,309
I recently switched again ISP again from ANI Broadband to Tripleplay.

Context:-

ANI Broadband had been running very well for me with close to full speeds to international servers and good routing but recently they switched me (or rather the LCO) over to a different network which had many problems with reliability and speed. I was quite annoyed considering that ANI has worked well for me for close to 8 months. It seems to be an LCO specific issue as it is still good on other LCOs.

My LCO decided switch me over to another ISP (Precious Netcomm or PNPL) as ANI was having some reliability issues even on their side.

Unfortunately PNPL has its own share of issues, it works very well during morning (over 100Mbps to international servers) when there is little to no congestion but in evening it chugs (<5Mbps). So I was on the lookout for another ISP from another LCO.

@kanurag94 helped me out a lot in finding a new LCO (he lives in the same area as I). He told me about Tripleplay Broadband and gave me their number (Tripleplay doesn’t advertise much in my area; I wasn’t able to find any flyers with their number on it).

Setup/Installation:-

I messaged Tripleplay LCO and told them to set it all up on Sunday (9th Feb). The entire installation took 4 hours; I opted for fiber instead of copper, so setup took much longer. They came to my house at around 11AM and I had internet around 3PM. Installation cost was Rs. 2000. I had my own ONT so told them I didn’t want one. The termination box looks just like the one that ANI had.

Initially they didn’t set me up with Tripleplay, they made me an account with Zeonet. Zeonet had the same congestion problem as with PNPL except it was much worse (slowed down to mere 1Mbps at night). Here are the speedtests if anyone is interested:

9022873334.png
9022876407.png
9022878892.png

At evening:-

5732879660.png

@kanurag94 again helped me out and told me ask my LCO to switch me over to Tripleplay, I was worried that they won’t do it because I already paid for it. I messaged them again and they were willing to switch me over to Tripleplay.

The day after, they switched me over to Tripleplay with static IP.

Pricing:-

I’m paying Rs.1000 for 100Mbps. Its a much better deal compared to Rs.2500/month for ANI I have been paying for until now.

Public static ISP:-

In my ANI review I said that they were the only ISP in my neighbourhood who offered static IP but it turns out I was wrong. My LCO hooked me up with a public static IP right away. Its not 1:1 NAT like ANI either, I just have to put in my public IP directly on my router; pretty neat.

Speedtest Results:-

9029586997.png
9029589814.png
9029597024.png

Speeds are very good even better than ANI. At 6-7AM I’m able to hit close to 120Mbps even on international servers. The tests above were done at around 9:30PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
@a.c excitel use tata backbone or jio backbone?
Excitel uses TATA backbone.
How does it happen that sometimes speeds from vpns are greater than normal connections? Shouldn't it be other way?
Well in case of a VPN that has a server close to you. You are basically connecting to other servers using the data center's network, which in 99% of the cases will have better connectivity to the outside world than our mere mortal ISPs.

I still have no answer as to why I get max speeds even when I'm connected to VPNs with US server 😛. Whereas speed without that vpn to US won't be that great.

@a.c which VPN do you use ?

@a.c. Maybe, that's because data centers, even in US, generally have good international transit and that includes transit from US to India.

Reactions: a.c
TriplePlay is down since morning, apparently a utility pole nearby caught fire.

Edit: finally back.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum..

I have recently got the TriplePlay broadband connection (currently with their provided router) but I can't seem to be able to get internet access when using my router (it's a TP-Link Archer C60 v3 and has OpenWRT installed)

Will appreciate any help I can get here, thanks in advance.