triple play gurgaon - 80% Of speed - Beware

varunmalhotra

ISP
TriplePlay telecom pvt ltd
Hey guys, I have not much to speak just to express my feedback on my ISP which is TriplePlay Telecom located in Gurgaon, Haryana. They only deliver 80% of the speed, even less than that many times. On my 4MBps package, I get around 2.5MBps to 2.6MBps and it hardly touches 3MBps on good lucky days.

I talked to them, they are extremely rude and try to humiliate the customers. It has been over 2 months and no solution from them, I talked to them various times regarding this and they say that they are following the rules. According to TRAI, the ISP should deliver 80% of speed and since they are giving me 80% of speed on lucky days they are under the rules. When I explained to him that 80% is 3.2 they simply say "we'll fix it, you are getting some speed so be happy"

Man imho it really sucks, excuse my lingo, but I feel totally ripped off from these new players in the market.

^ you can teach them a lesson...next time record the call and then go and meet their top brass and then humiliate the phone rep.😛leasantry:btw i saw their website, plans are almost un-understandable:bulgy-eyes:. what is ur plan?

Yeah sounds like a good idea, unfortunately none of their senior is reachable. There is just one person who deals with all customers, he deals with installation, problems etc. I tried telling him that I would like to talk with someone who is senior and his reply was that he is the most senior person, the fact is he is the only person.

On their site they have a number of their director, I wont name who is he cause I have some codes of ethics, I sent him an email, didnt received any follow up email but I did received a call within 1 hour from this (customer support) guy and he started shouting rudely asking me to calculate 80% of 4 and lot of other things.. So I sent an email again to the director, this time no reply from him and no phone call. I tried calling him several times but his number is either busy or it doesnt go through.

Their site web

I am using "4 MB (Till 50 GB 2 MB beyond 50 GB) 4 MB UNLIMITED 1.699"

Overall I would like to say they lack professionalism and customer support, which I believe is an important core for any business to succeed at least in the starting or growing stage.

so basically you are getting at least around 1.5mbps UL for less than 2000 rupees and that too in gurgaon? i think it is a pretty decent deal.

so basically you are getting at least around 1.5mbps UL for less than 2000 rupees and that too in gurgaon?

i think it is a pretty decent deal.
May be you should clearly ask him about uptime and switch to it. 🙂

i think it is a local cable operator type setup offering their services in a limited region in gurgaon. i have never heard of the name!

so basically you are getting at least around 1.5mbps UL for less than 2000 rupees and that too in gurgaon?

i think it is a pretty decent deal.

For the same amount money, I had the airtel unlimited 2MB (1MB after crossing ufp) until I upgraded to their 4mb (150gb) plan for same cost. Money wise, I agree it isnt bad thats why I purchased their net but the cs they provide, the way they talk to you, hidden terms and not to mention frequent network problems (connectivity, high ping) might not make it worth. From my point of view, any company who uses such hidden terms isnt really good, only shady companies who are not transparent to their customers uses them. Anyway, give them a try if you want.

May be you should clearly ask him about uptime and switch to it. 🙂

10 to 15 minutes downtime/problems every 2 or 3 hours in day time and in the night time. High ping is another problem which causes sites and videos to stream slowly. So if you are thinking you can leave your PC on to download your stuff from the net at night, this isnt going to happen because the downloading software will cause an error when network becomes unavailable until you are using torrent.

i think it is a local cable operator type setup offering their services in a limited region in gurgaon. i have never heard of the name!

Yeah it is from DEN (The cable provider for DLF city, but I dont think it is really local because I read somewhere they have their roots over vast areas, not sure though)

airtel no longer has unlimited 2/4mbps plan. you can of course get 2mbps for 1999 plus taxes or 4mbps 2099 plus taxes. but both of these plans drop to 256kbps after 150GB usage. and you are clearly used to airtel. practically all companies have a similar reputation to what you are talking about. in fact airtel has messed up so badly in the last two months that you would get shocks to hear about them. one of my internet connection is down since 29th of last month. i have complained multiple times. everytime i am told that it would be fixed in 3-4 days. have not seen any progress about that. this is the new airtel. 🙂

10 to 15 minutes downtime/problems every 2 or 3 hours in day time and in the night time. High ping is another problem which causes sites and videos to stream slowly. So if you are thinking you can leave your PC on to download your stuff from the net at night, this isnt going to happen because the downloading software will cause an error when network becomes unavailable until you are using torrent.

It's Crap Then...

airtel no longer has unlimited 2/4mbps plan.

you can of course get 2mbps for 1999 plus taxes or 4mbps 2099 plus taxes.

but both of these plans drop to 256kbps after 150GB usage.

and you are clearly used to airtel. practically all companies have a similar reputation to what you are talking about. in fact airtel has messed up so badly in the last two months that you would get shocks to hear about them.

one of my internet connection is down since 29th of last month. i have complained multiple times. everytime i am told that it would be fixed in 3-4 days. have not seen any progress about that. this is the new airtel. 🙂

Ans. Yes I know, I had that plan for years.

Ans. Yes, right it drops to 256 after 150GB.

and you are clearly used to airtel. practically all companies have a similar reputation to what you are talking about. in fact airtel has messed up so badly in the last two months that you would get shocks to hear about them. one of my internet connection is down since 29th of last month. i have complained multiple times. everytime i am told that it would be fixed in 3-4 days. have not seen any progress about that. this is the new airtel. 🙂
Ans. No I am not used to Airtel. I bet the experience I had with airtel in the last three months is even worst then you experienced. So I am glad that I am not the only one who is unhappy with Airtel. Thats why I tried Tripleplay and I think if they provide what they promised and a better CS they will get more customers. Not sure if you

----------

and you are clearly used to airtel. practically all companies have a similar reputation to what you are talking about. in fact airtel has messed up so badly in the last two months that you would get shocks to hear about them.

one of my internet connection is down since 29th of last month. i have complained multiple times. everytime i am told that it would be fixed in 3-4 days. have not seen any progress about that. this is the new airtel. 🙂

Ans. Yes I know, I had that plan for years.

Ans. Yes, right it drops to 256 after 150GB.

and you are clearly used to airtel. practically all companies have a similar reputation to what you are talking about. in fact airtel has messed up so badly in the last two months that you would get shocks to hear about them. one of my internet connection is down since 29th of last month. i have complained multiple times. everytime i am told that it would be fixed in 3-4 days. have not seen any progress about that. this is the new airtel. 🙂
Ans. No I am not used to Airtel. I bet the experience I had with airtel in the last three months is even worst than you experienced. So I am glad that I am not the only one who is unhappy with Airtel. You can try to call their Nodal officer but again call never goes through it. Thats why I tried Tripleplay.

Lets not get in the agreement which one is better because we both know that both of them sucks.

quality of service is very hard to maintain until there is a will to provide that at the very top. airtel has managed to keep their customers happy for a long time now. while other companies are sort of improving, airtel is degrading by the day. local operators especially the one like DEN which i believe have a monopoly in DLF areas in gurgaon have little incentive to offer a quality service. they are not competing against airtel. they are just providing an alternative. and most people have no other option and that is one of the core reasons why quality of service suck with most companies in india. most small operators are successful in regions where their customer base simply have no other options. you switched to DEN because airtel was going down. they are probably enjoying this new development. they probably have no idea what airtel customers are/were used to. so they do not have anything to compete against. these companies do not have customer retention departments. 😀

When airtel was new, their service was superb and excellent, I remember getting a feedback/survey call asking if I am happy with outcome. Now they close the requests even without solving them and lot of games by their so called techs. So yeah their customer service is no longer superb. Yeah, we are at the mercy of these ISPs.

if we are lucky we might get an option in the form of hayai in the next 6-12 months 😛

if we are lucky we might get an option in the form of hayai in the next 6-12 months 😛

Time will only Tell 😛