Trip to shikharji ( Jain Teerth )

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 5,237
D

Deleted member 13033

( I kind of posted this in reply but sort of wrote the whole story with my exp. of teerth yatra so making it in a separate thread so it doesn't get mix up ) 🙂

We went on a family spiritual vacation there is this place called shikharji, near Jharkhand where we need to climb this extremely big hill. I was pretty small back then maybe 9 or 11 pretty old story. Let me see if I can even write this in short the train that we took was I believe was a direct train but we had to get off somewhere in between as there happen to be some train collision where a goods train collided maybe with a passenger train. we had to take another train and we were with family I mean its just way too much responsibility also my aunty had come with us........... it was just impossible to get tickets for a another train which was pretty off route somehow we manged to get it. As the train was about to arrive maybe few min left I had this sudden pressure and there was no stopping it and the train was just about to come and there was no next train anytime soon it was like whole family motivating me come on dont worry just do it arram sai...... ( I was a kid come on I could't hold it ). Then we some how mange to catch the train I was pretty sure that I would have caused that train to miss...

As we got into our 2nd train by some miracle which would have been a definite miss........
........ some guys started to harass my family on the reserved compartment that we booked for ourselves by paying everything legally. Finally with gods grace a nice TT showed up saw both our tickets took all those guys who were creating a scene at probly 2 am in the night and did scold them and we never saw them again

...we had to get down at bodh gaya as that was the last stop for our 2nd train that we had to take it had I believe almost been 2 days ( it felt like days though ) that we had not slept because of the train collision and all still lingering in our minds that it was a pretty close escape as whole family would have directly gone straight to god irony that we going for darshan to gods temple only..

As we were still finding way to some how get to our destination we had to hire a taxi and oh my god !!! I have never been till now so scared of the way the roads are designed at the place I mean most of the time two wheels of the taxi were above the road (katcha road IdK if I can actually even call it a road it looked more like jhang ka maidan with such a small road with gigantic pot holes and such a thin road with cars coming from opposite direction too. ) and two wheels down I mean just imagine the horror. My aunty would start singing bhajan and honestly that some how did give that power to deal with the fact that our taxi might not topple. In between the roads there were like so many toppled trucks on the middle of this thin road...some probly rolled over into this trench where we had our taxis 2 wheel moving down and rest 2 up. I dnk how but that driver knew what he was doing and totally saved our asses.

Finally we reached bodh gaya temple which we would have not been too if it hadnt been for that train accident for which we had to take this pretty dangerous route.

Then from here I dont remember exactly but we did reach Shikharji som how finally and did that enormous mountain climb. Unfortunately the dolli wala did not take my mom and nanni to the highest top where one of our lords charan are there I think it really meant lot to my nani as she keeps telling in the family that our dolli wala did not take us to the highest peek for darshan. and ours did lol...ya it very nice luved it.

We also visited Bangalore...saw tipu sultan museum and that lightening garden show I cant remember the name lol......

it was undoubtedly my best family vacation even though the entire family could have gotten the direct ticket to lord at many instances. This Vacation is also memorable to me as I lost my Grandfather who just was everything to me....just cant even describe how memorable this family vacation was...

http://shikharjiup.org/sammed_shikharji.html
http://www.jainpushp.org/temples-india/bihar.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikharji