Triband USB hangs my PC

• Thread starter Thread starter broadfast
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,773

broadfast

ISP
Triband 849NU
Hello..I have been noticing this since the day I started using the USB port but the problem now seems to be more frequent than it used to be then.. So here it is : After switching the router on, PC and net connection works normal before components like System Scheduler, Windows Media Player, Firefox, IE, etc. stop responding. Things return to normalcy after I remove the USB cable from its socket. Reconnecting the cable causes the hang to occur again but after some random interval of time.. Because the scheduler stops working, the auto-reboot script and Bitcomet fail to execute after midnight. Any solution to this problem ?? Also, I currently use LAN port for my VOIP phone. I wouldn't like to swap it's connection between the phone and the desktop every now and then. So don't advise me to switch over to LAN port 😎..Thanks in advance..____________Regards,Prasanna

well, try reinstalling the USB drivers again and see if that helps..

D-Link Support
- Please confirm with your Internet Provider the availability
of ADSL2/2+ services in your area.
- Upgrading the modem/router to the ADSL2/2+ firmware is not
reversible without returning the product to D-Link Australia
Para two : Apart from DSL502T, can you give the Wi-fi router model number , to check any spare LAN ports are available.

Answer

u can even get a LAN splitter, so as to put two lan device in one single lan input.... comes for roughly 30 - 50 bucks...

@ashishgoel First time hearing about LAN splitter. Thanks.( also crossover cable etc home made)

hey , is this splitter for real.... i mean that whats the use of a switch if splitters like this are available.......really man .... i m having the problem.....my computer hangs too often working with USb connection........while the LAN port is being used in running my friends computer... So ive been thinking of buying the Netgear switch..... which would cost around 700............ but really splitter works...........?????????????? also plz tell if u any kind of problems with splitter......better if u can forward us to some place on web to learn more about this thing........

^^^Agreed If you are having problems with USB use LAN connection... unless you dont have a LAN port... I find the LAN connection better than the USB, fits in perfectly and doesnt loosen up after sometime....More importantly you dont have to install extra drivers for the ADSL modemIn your case it could be the driver issue as well.... so better remove the issue with LAN you dont even need he drivers which is reqd for USB

most motherboards come with inbuilt LAN card.. incase you dont have one you can buy one it just costs about rs150