Triband / IPTV / telphone combo plans

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,089
not really attractive...

Why do they charge registration and installation charges for existing users????Gimme a manual and the modems,etc with the required settings and I can do it myself.Anyone who enjoys broadband usage must atleast be that tech savvy,if we have a proper manual to do it.But I agree with coolbuddy.........none of the plans seem attractive

MTNL Broadband Internet/IPTV Services Tariff Plans

Still have to study all plans, hope something is promising

starts 1 Jan 2008

i suppose its really got attractive plans in delhi where its free for 1 yr...i have got one myself and it really rocks esp. time-shift tv and video on demand..

correct me if i'm wrong:for mumbai's Combo Triple Play Plan, the charge is Rs. 750 / month,for which we get:1. Free BB usage of 400 MB (worth Rs. 200)2. 150 IPTV channels (worth Rs. 200)3. VOIP 400 min talk time (worth Rs. 200)then for WTF are they asking Rs. 750??i do not term these plans as "not attractive", they are simply stupidor is there something included that i'm missing??

triband modem rent = 80IPTV STB rent = 100so total u save 30Rs. but yes not at all attractive.there is no combo plan with 400MB and IPTV :-(

Just remember one thing if u want to get iptv disconnected within one year u will loose ur deposit amount.

triband modem rent = 80
IPTV STB rent = 100

so total u save 30Rs. but yes not at all attractive.

there is no combo plan with 400MB and IPTV :-(

in the link provided, at the end of the page:

Note:- ATA charges (Deposit & rental) extra as per M/s. Aksh/provider tariff

what are these ATA charges? if these charges are STB rental of Rs. 100, that makes it a loss of Rs. 70...

I had got an email from MTNL it cleary said "no modem (CPE) charges"
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/helpdesk/gifs/ads/comboplans.gif

but VoIP ATA charges extra is mentioned

there is no mention of IPTV STB, i assume its considered as CPE.

Just remember one thing if u want to get iptv disconnected within one year u will loose ur deposit amount.

what after 1 month? deposit in all cases in non-refundable right?

nope if u get iptv disconnected after 1 year u will get back ur entire security deposit.

i dont see any such thing written on MTNL IPTV website.