TRIBAND Connection Blues!

• Thread starter Thread starter docmanya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,682

docmanya

ISP
MTNL TriBand 849UL
🙁 hi am unable 2 connect in t nite after 12 midnite.. since a few days... this is t greatest tragedy as m havin NU plan n hence pile up all my d/l for t nites...the conn. up n runnin all thruout t day n evenings.. :angry: the router log page shows "unable to connect to authentication server" 🙁 M in Mumbai - Khar Tel Exchng... ne one else havin similar probs. pl rite soon... hav tried callin cust care... but by the time they get bk 2 me.. the connetion is up..

I am facing the same problem. I think its deliberate now last 3 nights spot on at 1205 it goes off and stays off till 5 ( I work nights so am up most of the time ) .wtf is going on with mtnl ... why advt a night unlimited service when u cant be bothered to keep it on during those hours.as of late it’s more problem than anything else. Yes for majority of people its working fine but few of us login problems... weird bills.... I really wish someday this country progresses to a flat rate actual 24 hr broadband scenario...i guess i will die before that happens

even I couldnt connect to mtnl last night. just couldnt get an IP.ADSL synced in fine..

Seems like cost cutting guyz.First step was to close the NU connection for new users.Second step is to exploit the current users.Cannot be a coincidence. Lets c 🙄 Hope is stays in Mumbai only. 😛

Well, I think if MTNL were really so desperate about saving bandwidth they could easily cancel even the existing NU subscriptions, after giving the subscribers a reasonable notice for either shifting to another plan or leaving the service. I don't think there is any 'assured continuity of a particular package' clause anywhere in MTNL services. There doesnt appear any appeal in resorting to such base tactics. I personally think it might be a technical problem rather than 'bandwidth cheating'.

i wish they learn something from Airtel! and give 256kbps unlimited.but i doubt it..then everyone will jump on the plan and I for one will be a complete bandwidth hog 😛

Now with Airtel offering 256 kbps unlimited for 999 (incl. of modem rental) in Delhi too, MTNL will lose subscribers in hordes if they discontinue the NU plan, coz that was the main reason i think ppl went in for MTNL, coz they had the best and most cost-effective plan back then. Otherwise ppl wud have chosen Airtel over MTNL any day coz of obvious reasons. The only reason am sticking with MTNL is that i don't really need an unlimited connection as of now, don't have much left to download..hehe, but if they falter in any way now i.e. crazy bills or conn. probs am gonna switch for sure. So am expecting MTNL to slash prices and come out with new plans soon, coz they're aware that the only way of attracting subscribers to MTNL is to have cheaper better plans than the competition.

So u mean..instead of TriB 590 NU its going to be TriB 590 FDU (Full Day Unlimited)........sounds interesting............. 😀 But on a serious note, if Airtel has started providing unlimited 256k connection at Rs. 999/-, it can be Bye Bye MTNL for many users. Unless MTNL comes with a real GUD answer.HOPE FOR THE BEST........"TriB 590 FDU".......... 😛

But the fact is Airtel isnt avlbl everywhere.. While every1 who has a telepphone can get TriB.. pretty much..

But mate, Airtel is expanding like anythin with there landline n broadband connection .... MTNL needs to do sumthin here very early.....may sound a lil selfish here......... 😛

i couldnt connect yesterday night either 🙁 ... and it stayed that way till 12 in the afternoon.. afterwhich i was able to log in...the thing was that i couldnt log into the register.mtnl.net.in site either using my dial-up.. hmm i think the days when the the site used to go down and we used to get unlimited broadband for sometime are over.. 🙁...