Triband Assigned Ip Address As 192.168.1.3

• Thread starter Thread starter lavista4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,666

lavista4u

ISP
mtnl
Does anyone else from Mumbai have a problem with IP address configuratoion, from today morning nearly 90 % of the web sites i'm not able to open. The browser says connection timed out.When i checked ipconfig...it displayed...IP address as 192.168.1.3 normally it shows 59.84.*.* 🙂i called up hoping against hope for some solution as i know how MTNL customer service is...they just replied before even taking my query, as some work is going on in the exchange, the service will be resumed soon.Does any one else facing the same problem here...or is there any home made solution to this without waiting for the exchange to do something about it.Thanks a byte,Sunil.

all fine here. no probs

QUOTE(Amish @ Nov 22 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]69413[/snapback]
all fine here. no probs
[/b]

Thanks..I will call them again...

I guess u r using ur modem in Bridged mode...plz confirm...then I'll go ahead troubleshooting

QUOTE(baudhayan @ Nov 23 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]69490[/snapback]
I guess u r using ur modem in Bridged mode...plz confirm...then I'll go ahead troubleshooting
[/b]

Hi,

Thanks.

After five days, i got my connection back..I'm using the PPoe mode, I called innumerable times to the MTNL guys and all they did was offer assistance via phone..finally..by chance..i put the phone line directly into the modem..without letting it go through the splitter and blink...it worked like magic..all settings changed to normal...and then i put agian through the splitter and alls working normal now 🙂

I don;t know what went on, initially the exchange had some problem but they said they have cleared it..guess it took some direct contact to let things go on 🙂