Triband 256kbps Unlimited plan ! Speed ?

• Thread starter Thread starter taran.rbk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,745

taran.rbk

ISP
MTNL , Tata Wimax
Hi guyz my name is taran fom delhi .i m using MTNL triband 256kbps Unlimited Plan ..which is of Rs 799, i think.... I m getting Downloading speed only 8 kbps 🙁... I hav given complaint also but no answer 🙁 is dat how MTNL r bluffing ppl !:wall: How much speed r u getting ? wat shall i do ?

U mean u r getting download speed of 8KBps??try and download a file from Microsoft website and see what speeds u r getting.

and yes!! check your speeds here www.speedtest.net and let us know the result.

I hav checked my speed from ..Speedo meter ....it gives 150 - surfing speed ...but when i download file from any website...i t shows spped 8-10 kbps...but i hav never checked from the link u had given ! Now i m browsing through Sify connection .. i will check later ...and reply here thnx mate for reply

I hav checked my speed from ..Speedo meter ....it gives 150 - surfing speed ...but when i download file from any website...i t shows spped 8-10 kbps...
but i hav never checked from the link u had given !

Now i m browsing through Sify connection ..

i will check later ...and reply here

thnx mate for reply

First learn the diff between KB/s (aka KBps, see "B" is capital) and Kb/s (Kbps, see b is small here)...now 1 B = 8 "b"

if you get 8 KBps (KB/s) it would be 64 k"b"ps...

You are getting very poor speed...get your line checked.

Very poor speed

it takes 10 minutes to download 2 mb !🙁

you mean 2 MEGA BYTE or 2 MEGA BIT...

as per you 2mb (mega BIT) = 250KB

windows sux man...because of windows people has stopped differentiating character case difference...they think "B" and "b" as same...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

you mean 2 MEGA BYTE or 2 MEGA BIT...

as per you 2mb (mega BIT) = 250KB

windows sux man...because of windows people has stopped differentiating character case difference...they think "B" and "b" as same...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
i mean a small song of 2 mb...

ya i m poor about this all kbps KBps and whatever .......i only know that i m paying that much price and i should get the speed which they said and which all r getting 🙁

i mean a small song of 2 mb...

ya i m poor about this all kbps KBps and whatever .......i only know that i m paying that much price and i should get the speed which they said and which all r getting 🙁

You're poor in it coz you "Don't even want to try to understand" it...I have explained it the best I can and if still you dont want to understand...well:wall::wall::wall:

You're poor in it coz you "Don't even want to try to understand" it...I have explained it the best I can and if still you dont want to understand...well:wall::wall::wall:

😗 Its 2mb - 2 megabyte ....and get kbps - not KBps

U mean u r getting download speed of 8KBps??try and download a file from Microsoft website and see what speeds u r getting.

and yes!! check your speeds here www.speedtest.net and let us know the result.

I live in delhi....the site which u said,there is no pyramid in Delhi and i dnt know how to create pyramid !

i hav selected yellow pyramid ( lahore)
got this

now ,can utell...m getting normal speed or slow speed ??

DsSRQ2mb in file size is universally understood as 2048 kilobytes.You are getting awfully low speed.Check if you are running any windows update or any program which takes bandwidth of you internet. Generally windows update downloads in background and slows down internet speed.

@taran.rbkYes!! u r getting low speeds..minimum u shud have got 210kbps...hey, post ur line status screen shot..i mean, log into ur modem configuration page(192.168.1.1) and take a screenshot of ur line status..nd yes!! like the above poster said, there might be some programmes running in the background..the best solution is download a Firewall and configure it.Dont allow any unknown programmes to use ur bandwidth.U can download Comodo free firewall🙂

hey frnds ! i hav formatted my pc !

and now m getting this speed !

Is dis normal ??

🙁