• Thread starter Thread starter rjhanji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,807

rjhanji

ISP
Optimum Online
Hi,

I live in US and often make International calls to one number in New Delhi India using Reliance India Call service. My monthly bill runs to about $75 (Rs. 3000). I have a VOIP service from Lingo (Lingo VoIP Phone Service) in the US. Lingo allows two subscribers of Lingo phone can make unlimited calls to each other.

I plan to buy additional VOIP service Lingo Link for about $8 per month. I plan to send the instrument to my person in India and ask him to install in on broadband using the MTNL broadband TriB 199 plan.

My question is roughly how much bandwidth is used (in MB) in about 1 hour of VOIP phone usage. This will help me in choosing the correct Triband plan.

Thanks,
Rajeev

It depends on codec 711u/a eats 60-65mb/hr729 eats 24-26mb/hr723 at 15-18mb/hrthis calculation is based on the fact that mtnl don't charge for upload data charges...do it's only dl data....also the more compressed codec you use the quality factor get affected.........(which cud be annoying sometime)

following are more accurate figures.g711u/a is more like 35-39MB/hourwhile g729a is around 20 MB/hourIf the person u are sending the lingo adapter to is technically capable i wud suggest u just buy an unlocked spa3102/pap2 and setup DDNS client on both routers (in india&america) and u could have direct IP calling without need for any provider. This setup is also much more stable and reliable coz registration with VSP is not required to make a call and works well if u have only one number to call.