Trend Micro Corrupted How to uninstall

• Thread starter Thread starter gap g j
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,800

gap g j

ISP
Sify
HiTrend Micro got corrupted in my system and it is not working anymore. Windows keeps on warning me that the anti virus is not working.I'm not able to update or reinstall the software nor I could uninstall it. It is asking for password when I try to uninstall, can any body give the password or any other way to uninstall it. Or any other solution available with.Please help, Thanking you in advanceRegardsGap G J

First of all this is the wrong place to ask questions regarding computer problems..If you want quick responses, post in the correct forums..Was the antivirus pirated?

There is a way to NOT install Trend Micro and still be able to use dialler. Search in the forums.That apart, about uninstalling the antivirus... do it the hard way i.e directly delete the installed files and then go to add/remove programs in the control panel and uninstall from there.. it willl say files are missin and remove the program from the list.or simply format your system 😀Regards,

First of all this is the wrong place to ask questions regarding computer problems..If you want quick responses, post in the correct forums..

Was the antivirus pirated?

I'm a Sify broadband user and I have installed Trend Micro which came along with Sify and it is not pirated.

I think it is correct to ask the Sify users in this forum than anywhere else

Hope you understand piyush85. Are you a sify user.

😀😀😀 guy's the password is "password" itself. I phoned to sify cc and asked for solution they asked to delete the software manually. while i was talking to them I typed the password 'password' in the box and the software got uninstalled. 😀😀😀

Ahhh,Finally I managed to talk to a lady in their technical team to uninstall the Trend Antivirus which really worked !!It works as below:Start->run->regedit->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->TrendMicro->PC-cillinNTCorp->Misc In this first option is Allow Uninstall. Double click it and change the value to 1. Close all.Thats it !! Uninstall the antivirus and enjoy !! But this antivirus is best antivirus available for free !! so if you wish to reinstall it please do it because its worth a free software.