Travel XP HD getting removed on 14th Feb !!

Zee TV will be watched even if its not in HD. Those who watch soaps, wont say something like "Its not HD, so i wont watch Zee TV soaps". But a channel like Travel, where u get to see places, has to be in HD, to give more realistic view of the place. Its a different thing that Travel XP doesnt have SD version IINM.As far as viewership is concerned, among the HD subscribers, Travel XP wud be having more viewership than Zee HD for sure. Its running on my TV most of the times atleast.

Yup I know that, as I said due to these channels being Main stream channels like Zee, Star they are given importance first.

Travel XP has a market share of about 7.6% (TAM Data) according to this article
Had the same sinking feeling when Lumiere was removed from Tata Sky.All People who used to love world movies would have hated that move.
But Unfortunately we are in the minority.
Videocon has been removing lots of channels and adding lots of channels.
I wouldnt choose an operator that adds a channel and removes it within few months.
If you have transponder constraints why add it in the first place?

Few months back I used to boast about having a D2h HD connection. I felt that I had made the right choice by buying it. But now I feel like I have been cheated. Videocon D2h team, if you are reading this, note that removing channels gives you double the negative propoganda than the positive response you get when you add a new channel.

I think we shud contact the region head with our feedback.....what say?? Will it work?

Yes, We should try our best to get save Travel XP HD atleast. We were expecting other HD channels like History TV HD and they are removing Travel Channel.

As per B-Mail Received, Travel XP HD is which is presently on Ch No - 957 will no more be available from 14-Feb-12

:huh:

D2h has a chat option with the CC on their home page.

The transcript of the chat i had with the CC regarding TRAVEXP HD Channel is appended below.

I request all those love TRAVEXP HD may call/chat/sent E-mail to CC to retain the channel in HD pack.

----------------

Chat transcription :-

Roy(d2h) : Welcome to Videocon d2h. How may I help you.

Me : i have heard that travel XP HD is being removed from d2h HD pack
Me : if this news is true, its very sad....i may move out of d2h HD

Roy(d2h) : I am checking the details for you. This might take a minute. Please be online.

Me : sure

Roy(d2h) : please be informed Travel XP HD will be removed from our Platform with effect from February 14, 2012 however we have taken a note of your feedback to include this channel on our platform again for future reference and shall notify to all customers once any changes are implemented from our end.

Me : This is a very sad news. Urge d2h management to retain this great channel..hope for the best. Bye

Roy(d2h) : please be informed that your your feedback is under consideration to include this channel on our platform again for future reference and shall notify to all customers once any changes are implemented from our end.

Roy(d2h) : Is there anything else I can help you with

Me : thanks. bye

Roy(d2h) : Thank you for contacting Videocon d2h. Have a nice day.

After migrating to ST2 satellite, exactly how many SD and HD channels can be added to Videocon D2H. How many channels can be telecast using one transponder and how many transponder addition will be there after the migration for d2h?

No Idea dude, May be after ST2 is operational, we can see a bunch of channel addition in videocon d2h.

When will ST2 be operational? Any time this month? Also how much channel addition could we expect?

As per rumors from various sources , 99% chances are there that ST2 will become operational before March 2012. Let's hope it become operational asap .

So we can hope that Travel XP & atleast 1 HD Music channel are added back.....either Active Music HD or MTunes HD. Atleast there is something to fall back on in between breaks on other channels.

As per rumors from various sources , 99% chances are there that ST2 will become operational before March 2012. Let's hope it become operational asap .
If ST2 migration will happen within a month, then why not add channels after that? Why are they removing channels on Feb 14th? I have my doubts on ST2 operations starting soon.

There can be many reason for removal of channels:End of agreementPricing IssueLess Viewershipand many more . . . . Travel XP is quite popular no doubt . So, Either Carriage fee issue of end of agreement can be the reason for removal of channel. Airtel recently published similar kind of reason for removing News X

There can be many reason for removal of channels:

End of agreement
Pricing Issue
Less Viewership
and many more . . . .

Travel XP is quite popular no doubt . So, Either Carriage fee issue of end of agreement can be the reason for removal of channel. Airtel recently published similar kind of reason for removing News X

Or may be trying to keep up with the competition. Dish and Airtel has ten hd and d2h may be trying to match them. Travel Xp may be viewed by many d2h users but still its not a popular channel among different platforms.