Transportation/Courier option for moving extra luggage to different city

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,705
Today finally managed to call them on toll free number. Dialer was adding +91 to toll free number automatically which was the issue.

Their pricing calculation is really complicated I feel but its not very expensive.

Volumetric weight vs real weight whichever is greater will be considered. 1 cubic feet = 10 kg.

They provide free packaging box 17*17*12 which are considered as 20kg minimum by volumetric weight.

They do not ship electronic stuff like monitor unless you are willing to ship it in a wooden crate lol. May be I will check with local office to see what can be done.

Minimum 20kg weight is considered after this any incremental weight will be considered 10kg minimum so like 20,30,40

Approx 20kg will cost 1000rs and 60 kg will be 2000

All this is for surface transportation. By air is more expensive.

Hope I did not miss anything. Its a lot of stuff to remember.

P.S. Doorstep pick up and delivery.

In my experience Safeexpress is a terrible company to deal with. They are not even able to handle booking calls. Somehow after 4 failed calls and wasting 20mins on each call with ivr I managed to connect with a support who told me to call 2 hrs later because their system is down. There is no option for call back which they advertise on their site.

Now 2 hrs later call again won't connect. this time I cannot even reach ivr. Support told me their line is open 24*7 🤦

What kind of business won't have enough staff for sale calls.

Somehow managed to register a pickup request let see how it goes.

Update: I got all my packages. One waybill no (multiple items) was delivered on Fri or Sat.

other waybill no got delayed unfortunately first from shipping and then the delivery person of the destination area got injured at work.

Fortunately everything was handled properly and I paid extra cash for cling wrap which was done too. Got some dents on washing machine but thats hard to avoid.

They ship anything at your risk, customer care would say otherwise. I shipped my monitor, washing machine too. Safety completely depends upon your packaging so use a lot of bubble wrap, tape and cling wrap. Compared to normal courier like bluedart, dtdc items are handled more carefully by safex.

They should improve their call support, for some reason half of the time number won't connect and there is no way to find number of local delivery office. Twitter support is fast for getting call back. Also sms updates would be nice feature to know if item is out for delivery.