transparent caching HTTP proxy

• Thread starter Thread starter arun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,588

arun

Regular
Hi guys!Ive got this problem here and i desperately need help.Ive been trying to signup on this site but i get this error"You appear to be connecting through a proxy server. Your organization or ISP may use a transparent caching HTTP proxy. Note: if you run an Internet-accessible web server on the local machine you need to shut it down until the sign-up is complete"I guess this is a triband thing.I am not aware that i am connected through a proxy and whats this thing about a transparent caching HTTP proxy and how do i turn it off?Please help

Huh... What Browser R U Using...? Check Connection Settings (FireFox) or Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings (Internet Explorer) And Make Sure That The Proxy Servers Are Disabled...
If This Doesn't Solve The Problem... Use An Anonymous Proxy Server... U Can Get One From Here...
http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

Well,its not that i didnt try that.i used a proxy(high anonymity) to connect but that dint help and i got the same error...so if there is some other solution.

Can you PM name of that site..As far as I know, MTNL does not user transparent proxies. Do you connect in USB mode? If you do, try enabling some firewall.If you connect in LAN mode, make sure that admin interfact of the router is NOT accessible from net.

well if mtnl doesnt use transparent proxies and i dont then what could be te possible reason for this error...and can you hilight the bit about the admin interfact of the router to be not accesible from the net,how do i do that?

Hmm... Well U Can Change The Port Number... From 80 To Somthin Else... Like 100 Or Somthin...
Actually I Get It Now... The WebSite Mite Be Checkin Ur Port 80 And Because Of The Router Admin Interface... The Port Might Be Detected As Active... I Think This Is The Reason Why It's Saying... "Note: if you run an Internet-accessible web server on the local machine you need to shut it down until the sign-up is complete"[/b]

Open The Router Admin Interface... Goto Tools... And Change The "WebPort" From 80 To 100... Restart The Router... Do Your Work And Get Back To Original Settings...

Are you usng Firefox or Opera? If yes then try registering with IE.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am on firefox now and i tried using ie but got the same error.
and i hope you guys mean the 192.168.1.1 site as the router admin interface 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive finally signed up.There is no emoticon here that can express my joy.Thankyou guys.Thanks techno and netfreak,this wouldnt have been possible without you guys!

Hi I am having same problem,
My router name is SAM300 AX of sterlite,

I have Change the port 80 to 100 in Access Management > CWMP > Connection Request,

But its still saying the same thing

Signup failed!
You appear to be connecting through a proxy server. Your organization or ISP may use a transparent caching HTTP proxy.

Note: if you run an Internet-accessible web server on the local machine you need to shut it down until the sign-up is complete.