TRAI's Ad-Cap Regulation for Television Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,552
So whatever happened to these rules ?? Those of u who have star cricket hd must have been amazed during yesterdays T 20 match between India and Pak the way it was telecasted on star cricket hd .. They actually cut the 1st ball in an over many times to accommodate adverts .. Shame really !! I though HD channels would have lesser ads but nothing is different here .. come on star cricket hd now please start showing the L shaped ads in HD also and make the coverage more pathetic and show that nothing can be done in a proper manner in this country ...

Not very long until we see ads during football as well. *******s!

12 minutes is enough to break the flow in a formula-1 race. they need to make rules about no ads for a continues form of live sporting event 😛

because you are paying a very low price. call it subsidized pricing. consider the prices of pay per view content. 50 bucks for a movie. now calculate how much they would want you to pay for ad-free content 24x7?

because you are paying a very low price. call it subsidized pricing. consider the prices of pay per view content. 50 bucks for a movie. now calculate how much they would want you to pay for ad-free content 24x7?

there was a time when all the regional channels was free , then they came with smart card , then DTH

btw who says that we are paying a low price ? how do they fix it ?

well things were very different before dth arrived. cable operators lied about the number of customers they had. which meant that channels owners had to live with what they were getting in terms of revenues for paid channels. also advertising on television was very effective back then. now they have to compete with advertising online which is becoming more powerful and possibly fruitful. it is cheaper for one. and they get instant results from it... if you run an online store, you can actually generate a sale instantly. i am not sure how can they even measure the effectiveness of a television ad. it is great for brand establishment. but once you are established, what then? with dth, they have the power to make more money from subscriptions as every connection is accounted for.

I really dont mind paying more to see sporting events ad free or with minimum ads possible ... dont know when this will be a reality in India ... hopefully soon ....

the only solution possible is pay per view events. charge a fee for individual events and broadcast it advertising free. i would have loved to have such an option for F1 races when i watched these. though the stupid commentary team made it annoying enough.

Yep. That is what I'd wanted to refer to. 12 gbp seems quite steep, in terms of purchasing power in india 😛

the quality of the show on bbc is astounding. we do not pay for DD and sarkari radio stations directly but in the end, we are paying for them all. and compare the quality of content on them. bbc on the other hand can compete with private channels! this is the sole reason why there is not much protest though i keep on hearing complaints from people who are tired of paying this tax.