Trai to redefine 'Broadband'

• Thread starter Thread starter disher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 17,739
man now-a-days AIRTEL CC sucks they give wrong info on plansi called CC a few days back for changing my plan and they told tat a plan is available and i decided to change to tat plan and i forget the plans name to send an E-mail and so called CC one more time and they told they dont have tat kind of plan and the dont even apologise for their mistake i am really vexed due to this😡😡😡😡😡😡 ""WILL AIRTEL TAKE NECCESSARY STEPS TO CLEAR THESE SHITS AND NEVER HAPPEN TO ANYONE IN FUTURE""

FCC has changed their definition of broadband for the US market.

4mbps is now the minimum download speed to be called broadband. 1mbps upload speed is also mandatory.

FCC Now Defines Broadband As 4 Mbps - OS, Software & Networking by ExtremeTech

well america had 200kbps as legally defined speed for broadband till today (or yesterday!). india had it at 256kbps. 🙂 TRAI has been considering to raise the limit for us too.

made no sense what you just said 😀

i meant considering is too long process in our country case sorry i mistyped a lot did not notice my laptop is getting hanged for some reason 🙁

well trai do not make rules. they just put forward recommendations. and they can do that without considering anything for too long. 😀

the rumor was more like 2mbps. but the fact remains, that would not stop ISPs in india to continue to offer slower speeds with HIGH SPEED INTERNET PACKAGES as the label on them. broadband is just a term in the end.

Who's going to BOTHER ""BSNL"" for poorest internet services??? No-one.I think TRAI must track down BSNL server probs!!