• Views Views 5,300

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
TRAI: Roaming tariffs down, roaming rental scrapped
TRAI has some exciting news for the mobile phone users in the country. The regulatory body has announced that they are slashing the mobile roaming tariffs by up to 56 per cent.
They have also now scrapped the rental for roaming services. This would be good news for those customers [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/617/roa...ental-scrapped/

Well i dont how much of a good news this is going to be. The telecom operators are now thinking of increasing the local call rates as a measure to counter this.

till about 2-3 months back, i had no roaming charges (rental) in my reliance...then i got a monthly rental of Rs. 25/-...then after a month or so, it increased to Rs. 49/-...i've just de-activated my roaming now and will have to get it activated every time i leave the city...it sucks!!! 🙁

i so much like the fact that i dont have to use the mobile for any productive purposes.

a day will come when roaming will be cheaper than local 😛

That should never happen!

what the heck is this???!!! :angry:today i got a message from Reliance that my roaming rental has been revised to Rs. 49/- per month...it's been increased to that much recently so what have they revised??? 😱and as per the new TRAI rules, there should be no rental...that is zero rental roaming...only call charges to apply whily u're roaming 🤔

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 25 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]76840[/snapback]
what the heck is this???!!! :angry:

today i got a message from Reliance that my roaming rental has been revised to Rs. 49/- per month...it's been increased to that much recently so what have they revised??? 😱

and as per the new TRAI rules, there should be no rental...that is zero rental roaming...only call charges to apply whily u're roaming 🤔[/b]
sometimes it pays to read the complete article before commenting! 😛

well, i guess my question was why they sent the message again when i already have that much rental...i know the date of implementation! 🙂

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]76693[/snapback]
Well i dont how much of a good news this is going to be. The telecom operators are now thinking of increasing the local call rates as a measure to counter this.[/b]

nope i dont think they can do that. as that is also governed by TRAI.

TRAI is one Govt body which consistently comes up with orders that are for consumers and against the service providers. For years these providers have looted their subscribers with un-necessary roaming rentals....TRAI is always active and listens to consumer complaints carefully! Wished all Govt bodies in our country were like TRAI...

umm trai is also very slow in taking these steps. they have done little on dth and cas and iptv.