TRAI orders Reliance Jio to stop offering free service

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 8,256
I wouldn't generalize like that.So many carriers around the world do give unlimited and Jio did start with the unlimited preview offer.I do however agree in a country like India,it wouldn't apply but one can hope.Jio could offer high data FUP also if not unlimited.
its airwaves. no sane company would provide unlimited 3g/4g/5g without restrictions

today before making a call on jio, I get a voice saying recharge with rs 346 to enjoy unlimited calls-sms-internet. Is this a new offer?

unlimited on mobile can be delivered in developed (smaller) nations where there is abundance of wireless hotspots around the country to offload the pressure from mobile networks. i am sure some european countries along with others like korea should have unlimited wireless plans. but to expect them here in india is just asking for inferior services.

That's the problem, Why would anyone pay for 1 or 2 or 3 hours U/L pack? They would simply pay high price to abuse the network and bringing sub-par experience to other users.

@SiVell Can you mention few wireless carriers which gives unlimited data on 4g without FUP??
Lol,google for yourself .

its airwaves. no sane company would provide unlimited 3g/4g/5g without restrictions

today before making a call on jio, I get a voice saying recharge with rs 346 to enjoy unlimited calls-sms-internet. Is this a new offer?
Obviously there'll be some small restrictions.

unlimited on mobile can be delivered in developed (smaller) nations where there is abundance of wireless hotspots around the country to offload the pressure from mobile networks. i am sure some european countries along with others like korea should have unlimited wireless plans. but to expect them here in india is just asking for inferior services.

Jio was going in this direction, setting up hotspots around high traffic spots like railway station , airport etc but they stopped it till their fiber network is in place. Once fiber access is opened, I assume these hotspots will also increase

No, JIO summer offer stopped. I don't want to say that you are lying but I know a retailer who does JIO recharge, No one getting JIO summer offer now.

So many carriers around the world do give unlimited
@SiVell Can you mention few wireless carriers which gives unlimited data on 4g without FUP??

Dunno about other countries, but all leading U.S. carriers (mobile service providers) offer "unlimited", but with a caveat. Unlike India, the concept of Net Neutrality was already wobbly under Obama and then-FCC chairman Tom Wheeler, but Trump-appointee Ajit Pai has been trampling on Net Neutrality norms with impunity.

So Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint are all offering "unlimited", but with video streaming restricted to either SD 480p (16:9 aspect ratio, FWVGA 854 x 480 resolution, not standard SD 800 x 480) or HD 720p depending on the subscription option. Also, tethering is restricted to 10GB on Verizon and 21GB (I believe) on T-Mo, thanks to the FCC's complicity, allowing carriers to differentiate between usage, which, once again, goes against Net Neutrality norms.

Either way, Verizon calls its unlimited plan 'Verizon Unlimited', starts at $80, T-Mo calls it 'T-Mobile One', AT&T named it 'AT&T Unlimited Plan' and Sprint named it simply 'Unlimited'. All plans come with unlimited voice, SMS and data, but only when used on mobile, with low-res Netflix, YouTube, Dailymotion etc. Of course, you may optionally choose to watch full-res videos, but that will then count against your FUP. So 'Unlimited' is not really unlimited, but a farce for the most part. 😱

Sorry about the long answer, but hopefully that clears it up.

Last edited:
This is what its showing in my dashboard. Jio screw something.

2017_04_07_160243.jpg

@munabhai Wait for them to withdraw the offer then if the plans don't update then complain. JIO CC is much better than other telecom CC's. Even I did 99+303 in 2 sims and 99+499 in 1 sim and 402 on 1 sim. Only 1 Sim is showing 90+28 Day validity in upcoming plans, so I called CC thrice and all of them said that after the present HNY offer ends, Your benefits will be updated, So don't worry and just do Gandhigiri!

They fixed it. 😱penedeyewink: