TRAI orders Reliance Jio to stop offering free service

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 8,255
In my sim, It showing JIO Happy New Year Offer till 15th April then in upcoming plans its showing JIO Happy New Year Offer again Validity is 90 Days then another Upcoming offer name Prime-303 validity 28 Days . So 4Months 15 Days I guess for 99+303-50 (Cashback).

In my case its showing HNY till 15th April and then 303 plan for 28days.(I recharged with 402 yesterday via Paytm)

PhonePe gives you Rs.150 cashback. You could have tried it.

Already recharged! Now nothign can be done! 🙂

Apparently, Airtel's revenue is down 30% because of Jio. No wonder TRAI was alarmed.

india has lost two mobile operators idea and telenor in the recent weeks. if that's not a cause of concern... maybe we deserve jio.

I think they've merged already to compete with the big ones?

I think vodafone is gone not Idea, Idea brought management stake in merged entity.
Vodafone is good riddance, they hardly invested in network just banking on old Hutch legacy.

Telenor was a good one however they were just trying to manage already invested amount. Parent co never invested fresh amount due to licence and policy doldrums done thanks to previous raja & party.

I think you are right about Jio in certain way however I would say it's not policy favor, it's implementation of policy in correct way except to BWA spectrum getting converted to voice + data license where I think Airtel also gained. Thing is they are only operator to get this correct treatment which everyone should get.

Or maybe they are only operator not to get effected by cartel lobbying of big 3.

not to mention that rcom has already fucked itself. so that's three players out already.

Most of you talk about the loss with eye of a person living in a city. In smaller town and lesser known places, nothing has changed. To be honest, we didn't had decent 3G options till JIo came in.

Economic Times story says total industry revenue down 30% in march. Ultra News says total damage, so far, to telecom firms is 18,000 cr. :'( But come to think of it, that 18,000 cr would have come from your and my pockets. So it's ok i guess.

But the numbers have spooked the govt.

These big telecos did everything to muscle out small players with money power. I hope you are aware of how
Aircel got into the hands of Maxim story. Those established players are what the cartel we often mention on these forums.

I don't sympathize with them. Just saying that they're successful in convincing the government that they may default on the loans extended by govt banks.

I think I will never throw my Jio sim. I am now waiting for Monsoon and Winter free offers along with offers for Independence day, Dussehra, Diwali, Christmas :winkytongue: