TRAI is seeking feedback on 'Transparency in pricing of Broadband in India'

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,791
  • Tags Tags
    trai
Send feedback in a format like this... Provided by nixxin.

Code:
To,
Sh. Kapil Handa,
TRAI,

Sir,
thank you for giving me the opportunity to share comments on  “Draft direction on delivering broadband services in a transparent manner”.

I'm ***, and I represent *** (group, if any). My responses:

Responses regarding:

Comments on definition of Broadband in India:

Comments on Fair Usage Policy and transparency in alerts:

Comments on alerts given to subscribers regarding fair usage policy:

Other comments on broadband in India:

BSNL/MTNL ad injection can be highlighted in other comments.

Are they seeking response from us or from ISP and others ?
To
All Unified Licensees,
Unified Access Service Licensees (UASL)
Cellular Mobile Telephone Service Licensees (CMTS)
Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
I found this at the end of the pdf and it no where mentions end-users

Well. We are stakeholders in the process. The list at the end probably indicate who got a hard copy. They uploaded it on the website for the rest of us.

That 64kbps remark was pathetic. It made me pissed off, its 2016 whereas GOI had set up the target to set 2mbps as minimum broadband speed in the same time some telcos want to reduce it to 64kbps.I rely on mobile data "unlimited plans" and you can't even recharge your account using internet banking in that speed.

c) Ensure that download speed of broadband service provided to the fixed broadband subscriber is not reduced below 512 kbps in any broadband tariff plan;
BIF response:
In case of fair usage plans, the subscriber remains a broadband subscriber till the expiry of his assigned quota. Hence, a service provider should be free to throttle the speed after the expiry of assigned data limit to the customer.
In fact, it has been observed that some customers misuse the minimum broadband speed provision and tend to overuse the data limit in their quota. Thus the cost increases for all customers due to higher usage at 512 kbps. As a result, operators are forced to keep the price at a higher threshold for every customer. Therefore, if broadband has to become affordable in the country, ideally, the Authority should not mandate any broadband speed after exhaustion of quota. However, if the Authority wants to fix a speed limit is after the expiry of quota, it may be fixed at 64kbps.
However, for Limited plans where only a fixed data quota is provided, there cannot be any mandate for providing minimum speed. Therefore, in case of limited plans, the broadband connection may be turned off after the expiry of quota.
Therefore clause 4(c) should be revised as under:
4(c) ensure that download speed of broadband service provided to the fixed broadband subscriber is not reduced below 64 kbps in case of Fair usage broadband tariff plan after expiry of assigned data quota of the customer.
How much bribe that BIF guy took from Airtel? They believe a customer can misuse 512kbps? avg usage of a 512kbps is around 30-40GB that is around 1.3GB/Day. So if a consumer doesn' use 30-40GB/Month,what's benifit of getting broadband connection. These dumbs don't invest in upgradation of infra. and cry about "Misuse". IMO they are misusing the word misuse.:banghead:

4CdvjFk.png

The chain that is throttliing the digital India throat are the data prices.and low speeds.
Until the bottlelneck is broken, nothing will improve,

The ISPs will fight tooth and nail to keep the after FUP speeds as low as possible because that is the key to their profit..