TRAI DND App: Do Not Disturb (DND 3.0)

good app, would have probably never found it if not for IBF, i got some online medical test done and broker a/c and my no. got leaked, every day i get health test sms and i keep blocking it, but they change the prefix and again. Tele marketing calls are all related to broker. My no. is fully registered for DND since 2012, its showing that !

Trai overhauls rules on pesky calls, spam messages; spells out obligation of telcos - The Economic Times

Telecom subscribers may get respite from unwanted calls and text messages in the next few months with the regulator tightening rules and setting stiff penalties of between Rs 1,000 and Rs 50 lakh per violation in a month on telcos that don’t comply with guidelines to check the menace.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India asked telcos on Thursday to use blockchain technology to reduce pesky and unwanted commercial calls and messages and mandated subscriber consent to receive telemarketing messages.

It said “a complete overhaul of the earlier regulations had become unavoidable” in the light of 2 million complaints till date even after disconnection of 1.4 million numbers and blacklisting of 460,000 numbers so far.

Since last few days I am getting many spam calls (4-5 daily), but DND 2.0 app is not displaying any calls in Register Voice UCC section for me to make complaint. Anybody else faced this issue?
I today installed "India Against Spam" app, but in that app as well Calls tab is empty with no entry for incoming call.
So I am wondering whether its issue with these apps or my phone (Samsung A8+) blocking some access for phone record to these apps.

nah. it's not your phone. it's the app. it does not show calls on all devices at my places these days. i have checked call access permissions on all three devices. no use. the app is a piece of shit. IAS has not been updated in a long time i think.

i just report them to google's service now. not sure if samsung devices have google spam engine integrated. but they should have their own.

Reactions: SVK
I just tried sending sms to 1909 like App-Spam call, XXXXXXXXXX, 24/08/18 as this is format in which DND App sends sms, but its pain to type this sms everytime.
Need to check Samsung's Spam engine or whatever it has.

can't say about calls. but for texts, if you use android messages app, it has internal system for reporting and blocking texts. i am sure samsung's own app would have a similar feature for texts. they should have a call blocking system in the dialer too. it's not the same thing as the people spam calling are not affected by it as they do with trai's procedure where they are disconnected and penalized (supposedly) in extreme cases. but at least it works and would stop the annoyance at your end.

all sms apps (microsoft's one is very powerful in case you have not tried) these days have blocking mechanism. android messages earlier only used to block. now they seem to collect information about spammers to maintain their own database. and you get the option to block calls from all marked spammers automatically these days in dialer. kind of a risky feature to opt-into because you could miss calls from your bank/credit card provider.

if you are using truecaller, i assume you can use that to block such callers.

From last 1 year or more, Microsoft's SMS Organizer App is my default SMS app. Installed it on my Samsung as well. It keeps away lots of Spam messages and we don't get disturbed by such messages.
For calls, Samsung provides call blocker, but it only blocks number or series as we blacklist, but no mechanism to report spam caller.

I found out why Spam calls were not listed in "Report Voice UCC" of DND 2.0 app.
For calls to be listed in this section, we need to answer calls, only then that caller number is displayed in "Report Voice UCC".
I use to ignore call resulting that call into Missed Call, and missed calls are not listed in "Report Voice UCC".

oJgs70t.png

so the new system was launched in the trai dnd app few days ago. it is pretty weird. not sure if it is even working. the new system sends no sms to 1909. the app shows a confirmation along with a service request number. airtel also sends no confirmation message. haven't received any outcome of any complaint as well so far. god knows if they have silently killed dnd complaints in this new mechanism.