TRAI DND App: Do Not Disturb (DND 3.0)

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
DND (Do Not Disturb) Services App enables smart phone users to register their mobile number under DND to avoid Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC)/ Telemarketing Calls / SMS. This is based on TRAI, “Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference Regulations, 2010”.

The new release has the following additional features:

· An intelligent spam detection engine (for SMS only) to assist the subscriber in reporting

· Crowdsourcing of data about offending messages and calls to speed up detection of unregistered telemarketers

· Updates about action taken on complaints within the App

· Easier interface and set up

Do Not Disturb (DND 2.0) - Android Apps on Google Play

BWS6O21.webp
A8IEqvT.webp
lYnSzxA.webp
YoVAbcH.webp
WowPPX4.webp

Last edited:
I see it didn't work for you :coldsweat:
But yes, it asks for way too many permissions.

I tried this. It's crap and asks for too many permissions and feels like spyware.

I still have the first version of this app installed. It's no longer on the playstore though. DND Services
The app basically just automates sending the sms in the right format to 1909. VERY effective.

Apk extract karke share karo.

This one still doesn't work at my end.

I reset my phone few days ago so lost it.

I tried this. It's crap and asks for too many permissions and feels like spyware.

I still have the first version of this app installed. It's no longer on the playstore though. DND Services
The app basically just automates sending the sms in the right format to 1909. VERY effective.

Thank you for sharing the link to this app. Although Android Messages and Google Dialer use a common and effective local blocking option, I decided to give it a try, I unblocked all the spammers and one by one complained against them as they arrived to my phone. Like you said, it is very effective in lodging the complaint, but that is as it seems, as effective as it will ever get. The first of the "investigations" that were done was for a "weight loss" sms spammer using an MTNL Delhi ID, the reply they gave "No action taken as this number does not show any telemarketing activity". Case closed. The rest simply have chosen not to respond.

What is the most surprising part was that the number that was receiving these texts and the odd call was my private number, apart from immediate family no one even knows the number. It was after wondering how all of a sudden this spamming started, it dawned upon me, I had registered my Flipkart account just a few weeks ago with it. Hence, Flipkart seems to have directly or indirectly given/sold my number out.

Anyways, back to using localised blocking

Worked. They have made a mess of it. Should have kept it simple. Verify using otp. Profile with name and photo. Monitoring of incoming calls and texts. All inside a shitty ui. Probably a mistaking to keep it installed.

the app allows you to report xx-xxxx style messages which seems to be stupid.
the app indicates that some of my complaints were rejected because i had opted in. i cannot believe i opted in for a service that sent me slimming packages. with no proper system to opt out of services you ended up subscribing to for whatever reason... this is stupid.
lenskart, foodpanda type services would spam you daily with no opt out details in the message or on their website. sometimes i get lucky by sending them a message through facebook/twitter. but not always.

trai really needs to make it mandatory for all of these companies to offer a clear opt out option on their website/app.

Yeah, I got really irritated coz I never got any messages until the flipkart account creation, even Amazon has had this number for over 2 years, this never happened with them. The local option is the best for me from now on, the IDs and number are backed up to your google account, incase you re-install android or go over to a new phone, they get carried over. Atleast I have control over it.