TRAI Cuts international Bandwidth

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,775
at last some good news for us,thou the ceiling tariffs prescribed by this Order will take effect from 1st April, 2005 but i can wait for it. As the tariff's of mobile call's declined their was a growth in tht segment i hope it also happens to broadband.I'm waiting for tht 1Mbit connection 😛

when i first read the topic i said ohh sh*t , u said trai cuts international bandwitdh 😛add to the sentence the cost not the net bandwidth. 🙂

i just now read the complete news. it say's that there is a 70% cut in the STM1 line and sify has one so even if they p@$$ us only 60% then the 256k@650 becomes 260 bux... hmmmmmm thats quite cheap. well for those like me who wanted more bandwidth this is a pleast giftHmmmm.. the TRAI says it will be implemented on April 1 .. bahh could this be another april fool joke?????

Cheap bandwidth is no good as long as Sify doesn't pull up its service levels. Its service is being maintained consistently at pathetic levels, courtesy the numerous CTOs that give a damn for good service.

Cheap bandwidth is no good as long as Sify doesn't pull up its service levels. Its service is being maintained consistently at pathetic levels, courtesy the numerous CTOs that give a damn for good service and cause the biggest downtimes for an internet service.

Originally posted by ultra vires@Mar 11 2005, 11:30 PM
when i first read the topic i said ohh sh*t , u said trai cuts international bandwitdh  😛
add to the sentence the cost not the net bandwidth.  🙂
[snapback]6524[/snapback]
[/quote]

ooops....forgot to add rates in the end....lol

agree with inetbum.....ISPs should start givin quality internet service not just 'request timeout'.

I actually read the whole paper now and it's very insightful. Thanks for the link Suraj.Now we have a definite idea of how the bandwidth market works and why for us in India till now, bandwidth is as expensive as gold while in other countries it's comparatively so much cheaper.At the bottom the paper also says that next in line would be the revision of the domestic bandwidth costs. So there's hope now, now that the regulators have turned their attention on the national internet service, atleast on the pricing side.

Originally posted by ultra vires@Mar 12 2005, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm.. the TRAI says it will be implemented on April 1 .. bahh could this be another april fool joke?????
[snapback]6529[/snapback]
[/quote]

something to think about......

now i dont get this pls help...the TRAI have cut taxes or costs which inturn is gonna make ISP'S like sify give us cheaper/faster plans -PLS CLARIFY WHICH :huh:

TRAI will from April 1 fix an upper limit on the cost of the international bandwidth which is sold onto the various ISPs, so that international bandwidth becomes less expensive here in India. Thus bandwidth will be cheaper for the ISPs and it is upto them to p@$$ on the cost advantage or the plenty of bandwidth avaliable, to their consumers.