TRAI: 2 mbps should be minimum speed of broadband connections

• Thread starter Thread starter xuxiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,856
TRAI Is Like So Hell bent On Mobile Phone service providers It Forgets We have Broadband Good to know that they know that other Countries have 20mbps Plans.And Also If this Plan If Implemented Withing Couple of Months Then Only This Is Going To Work Else as everybody said if 2020 it is Implemented 2mbps is a Gonner For Sure at least They should Implement 512kbps as min in coming Months To Reduce the Affect of FUP on Customers For a While.TRAI Has Just Not Got that Much Authority to Curb These Big Companies They Need to be Given More powers by the Govt to act on the ISP providers who are Ripping the Customers Day by Day

TRAI has mostly been pro-consumer. However, it is the lack of credibility that makes all its decisions fall on deaf ears. The operators just don't give a damn about what TRAI has to say. As amish already mentioned, most connections in India today are ADSL2+ which supports speeds of upto 24 Mbps. So it really is not a big deal for these ISPs to provide 2 Mbps. It is just that they don't want to.

Right, TRAI is a misnomer, they cannot "regulate" and have no "authority" whatsoever, only recommendation power....There are other links posted about how the ISPs are "hoarding" their bandwidth (keeping their fibers dark) to keep prices artificially high... so shame on that ISP guy in the quote in the first post who said it will mean higher costs for both subscribers and operators...Govt. should really regulate broadband and encourage downward pricing pressure with free and fair competition. They are also to blame for not unbundling the local loop...Even these FTTH projects need to be "community" or "public" meaning ANY operator can send their bandwidth sharing the same lines... the costs for building that infrastructure should be shared among all operaters, private and public...And yes, all these suggestions "fall on deaf ears" but I'm hopeful that we get more affordable 2 mbps Unlimited plans soon, whether or not the actual definition of a minimum is changed...

I shall be much happier if 1 Mbps is offered at a low price for the time being.Its better to think realistic than celebrate over distant dreams😛And I would take anything over my present ISP😡

TRAI is the bone the government has thrown towards us (the dogs!).

yea when we complain they only hear "woof woof" ! :wall:

Then Govt has Made A Mistake They Forgot That We can Fight back also(Dogs Can Bite Too😛)

Yep, its just like that.

----------

Then Govt has Made A Mistake They Forgot That We can Fight back also(Dogs Can Bite Too😛)

Only, if we had dog like sharp teeth and good enough claws. The reason, we are dogs for government but from our side government is master and dogs are faithful whatever master does 😀 (in reality we are humans too!)

We can and must learn from China too, instead of looking to the west.TOI news: China has more internet users than the population of US. Anything less than 2 mbps must be treated as BPL (below poverty line) and deprived and justified for special treatment!

Hi frndsIs there any way to file an RTI against the companies who use FUP to the telecom ministry. Enen then they will handle the matter wid Mr.Raja with a suitcase full of money in the name of Dakshina..!!! Shame to have such people as minister. Maran was doing good but the F*****g govt removed ad replaced wid this S**T.:notallowed:Sry for use of such language. It makes me so tense wen i come across such issues.:isorry:The TRAI must be given full power jus like the BCCI for Cricket. And it must hav sme right officers at the helm of affairs so the telecommunication industry grows well.:cool2:

Hi frnds

Is there any way to file an RTI against the companies who use Fair Usage Policy to the telecom ministry. Enen then they will handle the matter wid Mr.Raja with a suitcase full of money in the name of Dakshina..!!! Shame to have such people as minister. Maran was doing good but the F*****g govt removed ad replaced wid this S**T.
:notallowed:

Sry for use of such language. It makes me so tense wen i come across such issues.
:isorry:

The TRAI must be given full power jus like the BCCI for Cricket. And it must hav sme right officers at the helm of affairs so the telecommunication industry grows well.
:cool2:
Agree with you :thumb:

I don't Think You can File RTI seeking Any Information Against a Private Player Unless it Deals in Providing Essential Services Which Broadband is Not as far as I know.Minister's Will Be Minister's Don't Expect Too much From Them Only Option is that the Customers Start Making Their Complaints Being Felt in The Companies Ears.