Total Data Transfered Vs Total Size Of Page

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,156

hitech

My browser (opera) shows some XX KBs as size for each page. But, after I download a page, If I compare the total data downloaded which is shown in the network monitor software (in this case 'Net Meter'), then it does not match the total of the page as shown by opera. For example, if NetMeter shows 250 KBs download and 30 KBs upload, opera shows some 120 KBs as the page size. Does this mean that some virus or spyware is in my machine? Data downloads shown in Netmeter is always double the page size shown in opera.When no page is downloading at all, even at that time, Net Meter shows data transfer, but in the order of 1 or 2 kilobits/sec. Is there a problem in the machine or am I wrong somewhere. What should I do. Please help.

This is normal - many internet download monitors show double the data & speed.And the data-transfer despite no activity, is normal too, its required to ping your gateway once in a while to let it know that you're active & dont want to be timed-out (disconnected).

Agreed with Prathapml, Also if you are idle in order to maintain net connection browser uses "STAY Alive" which sends/receives some bytes at specific intervals.

Thanks for the reply.But my data usage when I check in the isp's website is equal to the MBs shown in NetMeter. So, I assume Netmeter is not wrong.Is this also normal? That is, the case of mine, where total metering by ISP is double the page size the same in the case of all users?

Use Du MEterReadin in my du meter almost match my mtnl ka logswith the error of 1-2 MB 😉

QUOTE(akash @ May 1 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]49890[/snapback]
Use Du MEter

Readin in my du meter almost match my mtnl ka logs

with the error of 1-2 MB 😉
[/b]

What the heck is the Du Meter yaar?

same as net meter

Du meter is good (not free but u can make it full 🙂)
d/l it frm here

n u can also try BW meter (free)
d/l it frm here